Anyone else (un)patiently waiting for the Vermont moose lottery drawing today?

thayerp81

FNG
Been applying for years, I've got a good feeling that someone in our camp will draw a tag this year. Anyone else constantly checking for updates this AM?

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'm not constantly checking but its on my list to check at some point today!

Me and a buddy applied.

I have a client that lives in VT that says its a cash grab and he's never seen a moose in 60 years and I want to prove him wrong.

OP
thayerp81

thayerp81

FNG
There are definitely many parts of the state with very few moose, but in E1 and E2 where the tags are valid it's often easier to find a moose than a deer. We've got a camp in E2 so I've literally spent my whole life hunting on those woods and there are lots of moose there. If you hire a decent guide you are all but guaranteed a shot opportunity and even a hard hunting DIY guy has a real good chance. Success rates in 21, 22 and 23 were 65%, 48% and 43% respectively. Someone living in Southern VT could easily go their whole life without seeing a moose. Good luck!

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I checked just before checking Rokslide. Nope for me but a good buddy of mine drew an E2 tag.

ShadeMt

FNG
Drew an E1 either sex tag after 18 years of applying! My concentration at work today went downhill pretty quick and been busy researching since I saw the results. Should have grabbed a lottery ticket while my luck was still good.