Anyone else having shipping problems?

Kynoch

FNG
Two of the last three guns that I’ve had shipped have arrived at the dealer with broken stocks. The boxes looked ok. One was slightly split at the wrist. The other snapped in half. I’ve used this dealer for years for transfers so I trust them. One was by UPS the other by USPS. Never had problems before now. Anyone else experiencing this?

14AA5C2D-BE07-453D-A9FC-E4740105C56D.jpeg

def90

WKR
How was the packaging? Was it well wrapped and in a hard case or just a couple layers of bubble wrap in a cardboard box?

I've bought a lot of gun parts over the years off various forums and what some people consider adequate packaging never fails to amaze me.

Also, don't discount the posibility of someone trying to pass off a rifle to an online buyer that they know has a problem.

Did you pay for insurance on these?

OP
K

Kynoch

FNG
Cardboard and bubble wrap on the example I showed. The seller took it back no questions asked and just got a check today that reminded me about it. Regardless, it was a nice rifle that had been through a century in the field but couldn’t make it through shipping across the Midwest. Sad.

ODB

WKR
Only issue Ive ever had is when the knucklead gunsmith packed the thing so poor the action was stickng out of the box. it broke the safety. When I ship rifles, I ship in a Pelican 1750 inside a cardboard box, or taken apart, wrapped very well in bubble wrap, inside a hard plastic case, and that inside a cardboard box.

Of the rifles I have had shipped to me, I would say most people don't really know how to package a rifle so it arrives in the same condition it left. The faith some people have in the monkey handlers is astounding.

OP
K

Kynoch

FNG
I’ve had a hammer on a Shiloh Sharps sticking out the side of a box and the muzzle of a FN Fal 50.42 sticking out the end of a box, but at least they were intact and functional! Agreed. A lot has to do with the packing.