Anyone else having problems with USPS

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
So I bought 2 bows last week off the classifieds. One was shipped on Saturday, July 18th. The other was shipped Monday, July 20th. According to their tracking numbers, they’re both still sitting at their first distribution centers. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing these kind of issues and if I need to call USPS and ask about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Yep. Got my longbow “in transit” right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobr1

WKR
Yes....had an urgent document we needed sent to us. Paid for 2 day air, and it went "missing" for a few days. So had to pay $80 to get next day air from UPS. Got the document from UPS then a few days later the USPS one showed up.

Curoso

FNG
I had one thing I was tracking. It said it was in OH and I’m in NV. checked the mail anyways and package was there. Guess nobody wanted to scan it.

I feel as though this should be an ongoing thread within every forum that has a classified section. Not sure if anyone else feels the way I do, but I’m constantly having issues with USPS. This alone has forced me to use FedEx more often than not. Especially when shopping larger packages.

In all seriousness I saw something that said mailer's went way down when covid started and nobody could go to stores.
Supposedly the drop in revenue really hurt usps harder then ever. I imagine they layed off a bunch.
I'd expect shipping prices to go way up and flat rate boxes go away.
I cant imagine the government would let them go out of business.
But they supposedly are stand alone and do not receive tax dollars.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I've ordered a ton of stuff lately but bows seem to be the only thing that have been delayed. Must be their size.

gbflyer

WKR
That's funny.... in my neck of the woods I have more issues with fedex than usps, ups and a smaller localized delivery service combined.

Same here. SE AK. We’d be in real trouble without the Post Office.

As far as recent service, same as always. Not perfect and sometimes frustrating but way better than anything else. A few years here teaches us that we have to plan a little bit better. We don’t live in the realm of overnight shipping.

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
Ive also had more problems with UPS and Fedex. I’ve had multiple shipments with extended delivery dates, then suddenly get a message saying they were out for delivery much sooner than expected, only to have then show up one or two days later.

My neighborhood rarely has packages stolen, but I still got a bit stressed when I headed up to the mountains a few weekends ago not expecting a pair of new boots to arrive until mid week. I returned to a text message saying they were delivered Saturday but no box on the porch. There goes $360 I thought until I looked up the tracking info and saw they were “still in transit”.

Everyone is ordering online and every shipper has had their business impacted by COVID. I guess patience is good training for the hunt.

fatbacks

WKR
I had a problem with a package earlier this year with USPS. Tried calling to get it resolved. I challenge anyone here to try and get a person on the phone from USPS....

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
With USPS I had a some stuff for my truck take over a month to get to me. Fedex has been just as bad. Its funny cause UPS has been solid and I have had no issues. I guess it depends on the area that you live in for some stuff.

Rodéo

WKR
Yes. Been waiting on an order of arrows from blackovis for 3 weeks now and no updates. Both parties have contacted usps and have heard nothing... Going to buy some more arrows locally soon I guess