Anyone else have a buddy bail at the last minute? (CO Archery Elk 2024)

Burned 7 points on a Colorado, 2nd season/rifle mule deer tag, passed bucks up every day including a good 24" +, deep forked, 4 point buck with a beautiful cape. Against my better judgement I rode with another dude and with 2 days left in the season he and his buddy pussed out! We had a wall tent camp in the perfect spot and the bucks were getting ruttier every day..................... I ate the tag with 2 days left in the season.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! Plan it solo, scout it solo and hunt it solo, there's to much invested in traveling across the West to do it any other way!

I personally love it when someone dips out on a trip at the last minute. I’ve gotten to take over spots on awesome trips at the last minute when some lameo decided he didn’t like the weather report or couldn’t tear himself away from his desk. Ride the upside!

But seriously, always plan on being by yourself, even when you’re with someone else.

Scott7030

FNG
I'm heading west in a couple days with 2 friends. One I grew up with he is like my brother the other guy I've hunted with quite a bit the last few years. I can already see that they may end up wanting to hunt close to the truck verses Backcountry. I'm flexible as long as we're finding elk. If we're not in them I'll want to go explore some backcountry.