Anybody wearing these lowa’s

Rjsand70

FNG
I like a wide shoe and they’re available in my size wide but I’ve seen some guys say the lowas are wide enough without the size up anybody with a widish foot got these? Also they’re a 4 on the stiffness scale being from Oklahoma I don’t think that’s super critical for me but I still like to think I’ll be in the mountains again someday and I found myself wishing mine were stiffer the last time I was there. Is 1 the high end and 10 wet noodles?

Attachments

• IMG_7160.png
    IMG_7160.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 37

croben

WKR
My feet are on the wider side and I wear regular size in Lowas. As far as the stiffness scale, it’s generally 1-5 with 5 being the stiffest. A 4 would be a very stiff boot.

ScottP

WKR
FWIW, I've had these in the wide width and they are narrower than the Tibet Hi in standard width. Too narrow at the ball of foot and have a smaller toe box for me. Great boot otherwise.

mgmicky

Lil-Rokslider
I normally wear a wide and bought the 11.5 standard size leather lined version this spring. I’ve been on a few hikes with them and like them so far. I’d say they are a little wider than average European boots but definitely not wide

LaHunter

WKR
I have a pair that I have had for several years. Quality is excellent. I agree with the posts above, the width of the overall forefoot is fairly narrow and the toe box is also fairly narrow.
The Ticam II, is somewhat of a hybrid between the Camino and the Tibet, in my opinion. I have 2 pairs of these boots. The boot width and toe box are perfect for me (wider than the Camino). Probably a '4' on sole stiffness. Heel locks in place and does not move. These are my favorite mountain boots.

TheTone

WKR
I’ve got a set. Really great boot for me. Plenty stiff for most of the hunting I do. I bought a set of tibets at the same time and I really only wear the tibets later in the year or for really, really steep stuff. I think they fit narrower than the tibets do also but some of that could also be them being flexible

currdog

FNG
FWIW, I've had these in the wide width and they are narrower than the Tibet Hi in standard width. Too narrow at the ball of foot and have a smaller toe box for me. Great boot otherwise.
Im interested in a pair of tibet Hi boots but they dont come in wide.I have regular tibets in wide and love them.I was told the Hi boots were made on a wide last and would probably fit me ok about the same as my reg tibet wides.I dont trust this info.HA.I wear a 10.5 ee in other boots.You having a pair whats your opinion? Thanks

ScottP

WKR
Im interested in a pair of tibet Hi boots but they dont come in wide.I have regular tibets in wide and love them.I was told the Hi boots were made on a wide last and would probably fit me ok about the same as my reg tibet wides.I dont trust this info.HA.I wear a 10.5 ee in other boots.You having a pair whats your opinion? Thanks
I'd suggest just trying to find a place to try them on and see if they work. They used to make the Tibet Hi in a wide, but I haven't looked lately. The standard width is good for my foot. I have also talked to Lowa CS on the phone and was told that the Tibet Hi are made on their widest last. Maybe only the Hunter EVO GTX are on that last as well. I haven't tried on the standard (non-hi) tibet, so I couldn't tell you for sure if the wide in that is like standard tibet Hi. But in all the other boots I've tried, that Tibet Hi is significantly wider fit (than wide in Camino, Ticam, and Renegade). I actually tried a leather lined Baffin and that was actually too roomy in the same size but maybe that was because it lacked the GTX liner and material..... clear as mud right!?

currdog

FNG
I'd suggest just trying to find a place to try them on and see if they work. They used to make the Tibet Hi in a wide, but I haven't looked lately. The standard width is good for my foot. I have also talked to Lowa CS on the phone and was told that the Tibet Hi are made on their widest last. Maybe only the Hunter EVO GTX are on that last as well. I haven't tried on the standard (non-hi) tibet, so I couldn't tell you for sure if the wide in that is like standard tibet Hi. But in all the other boots I've tried, that Tibet Hi is significantly wider fit (than wide in Camino, Ticam, and Renegade). I actually tried a leather lined Baffin and that was actually too roomy in the same size but maybe that was because it lacked the GTX liner and material..... clear as mud right!?
Thanks .Im forced to buy online .Nowhere around here to buy them.I like the reg tibet so im sure id like the hi if i could stand the width.I hunt hounds in rough hills and would like the ankle support.I just bought a pair of meindl comfort extremes and they are my new best friend ha.But im seeing some good prices on the old style Tibet hi.I heard the evo would be coming in wide but i havnt seen it.

ScottP

WKR
Thanks .Im forced to buy online .Nowhere around here to buy them.I like the reg tibet so im sure id like the hi if i could stand the width.I hunt hounds in rough hills and would like the ankle support.I just bought a pair of meindl comfort extremes and they are my new best friend ha.But im seeing some good prices on the old style Tibet hi.I heard the evo would be coming in wide but i havnt seen it.
Yeah, I hear you. Over the past several years I've been doing a fair bit of ship/return or getting free shipping from REI and returning stuff that doesn't fit when I make the drive to town. I just looked at Lowa's website and they have Tibets on clearance. That might scare me into buying a backup pair, I'm nervous when they make changes!

SloppyJ

WKR
I tried on several pairs of boots one day. These were the most comfortable out of the box and I think it's to do with the width. I would own a pair for sure but I went with the Zamberlan Tofanes which is more of what I wanted.

Jethro

WKR
IMO, if you wear and like wide, I'd get wide in the Camino. I have them and Rangers in reg width and they seem same to me as any normal width boot.

Also, I think they are a flex 3 rating. 5 being stiffest.

curtyj23

FNG
Personally I can't get away from Lowas. I first used them in Wildland fire stuff and never had any issue. Would get 2-3 years out of them and have since got 3-4 years of solid hunting and all year work aspect use out of one pair. Can't complain and never had any fit issues. Don't think you could go wrong. I have wider feet and I just do normal sizes and the stiffness has always been perfect once broke in.