Anybody carry a fixed blade knife on their belt while hunting?

I like the idea, but never have. I usually have a folder in my pocket and a disposable blade knife and benchmade altitude in my kill kit.

I remember my grandpa and uncles hunting with fixed blade knives in leather sheaths in the 80’s and 90’s.

hiker270

WKR
I carry a folding Spyderco on my pocket but since I always have a fanny pack or backpack my fixed blade knife along with saw and misc. butchering gear are in the pack.

Rarely.

I do Esse Izula in s35v in a custom sheath in my back pocket. Most of the time, hunting or not.

Seeknelk

WKR
How would you? I mean in western hunting with a pack on 98 percent of the time? Strap it to pack belt somehow I guess. Thought bout it but then I remember it has pockets so I put it in there.

OP
PredatorSlayer
How would you? I mean in western hunting with a pack on 98 percent of the time? Strap it to pack belt somehow I guess. Thought bout it but then I remember it has pockets so I put it in there.
This has probably been my biggest deterrent so far. As mentioned in an earlier post, I would think you need a custom drop sheath to get it below your pack belt.

This has probably been my biggest deterrent so far. As mentioned in an earlier post, I would think you need a custom drop sheath to get it below your pack belt.

In terms of myself (only) I really do not need a fixed-blade on my pants belt or anywhere on my pack harness, nor even a folder, for that matter. It's not like I'm Kwai-Chang Caine, or something (lol) .....

Maverick1

WKR
I did. From the ages of about 12-16, then I realized I only used a knife about once a year (at that time). Took the knife off the belt and has been going in the backpack ever since.

Taudisio

WKR
Yes I carry one archery hunting in one state. 5” fixed blade rides parallel to my belt right in front. One of the states I archery hunt in, no pistols allowed. Fits fine under my pack belt