Any reviews or opinions on the Tenzing 6000/5000 packs yet???

KWest141

FNG
I know there not supposed to be in stores till May sometime but just wondering if anybody has got there hands on one yet. I know there was another thread that said few guys on here had emm. Just excited to hear the word on them cause there right in my price range. Thanks

OP
KWest141

KWest141

FNG
Thanks David!! Good review. Sounds like a good pack. Im right there with Evan as far as body size. Im about 6 foot 155lbs. Sounds like i will def be looking into the Tenzing line.

OP
KWest141

KWest141

FNG
Im more interested in the 6000 as well. I think its more for people 6 foot tall and over. Was looking at blue widow but im thinking this pack may fit me better.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am interested in how far separate they are from the Black's Creek designs suspension wise. The H-Frame they used in the Bounty Hunter had a little to be desired imo.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I would like to take one for a spin just to see what they are about, thinking a trip to two hauling out a black bear would be a good test. :D

OP
KWest141

KWest141

FNG
you need to eat.fill up that 6000cu pack and ya just might tip over.... jk

HaHa i just might fall over backwards for sure. Ive been the same size since high school and im 26 now soo who knows if ill ever gain any weight. LOL

Seems like a classic blacks-creek design to me. A canadian expandable meat compartment combined with the design of the G11. I wonder who is going to win out?

I had the 5000 and the 6000 to check out and they are GREAT. They are a little heavier than some pack but more durable than most. By far the best store bought pack!

littlebuf

Banned
Deleted Myself - Negative Post

I don't think there's anything wrong with a negative comment on gear.as long as its a honest and productive type criticism.I think guys that are looking for reviews on gear before they buy want to hear the good and bad.my 2 cents anyhow

7mag.

WKR
I agree with littlebuf. So far I've heard nothing but good about Tenzing. I would like to hear if someone has a different take.

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
I just think they are getting far more attention than they deserve. They must be doing a good job advertising and the celebrity endorsements must be working. IMO, it is just another pack line to throw in a pile with Eberlestock, Blacks Creek, Horn Hunter and Badlands. I guess everybody looks for different things in a pack. If they work for some guys, that is great; they just aren’t for me.

As you see, I really had no business posting on this thread but for some reason, I still felt the need to voice my opinion. I will let the moderators delete it this time.

I just think they are getting far more attention than they deserve. They must be doing a good job advertising and the celebrity endorsements must be working. IMO, it is just another pack line to throw in a pile with Eberlestock, Blacks Creek, Horn Hunter and Badlands. I guess everybody looks for different things in a pack. If they work for some guys, that is great; they just aren’t for me.

As you see, I really had no business posting on this thread but for some reason, I still felt the need to voice my opinion. I will let the moderators delete it this time.

Saying you "just think" means you must not have any real experience with the pack. Spewing an opinion on a pack that you haven't held or used in the backcountry isn't even false, its meaningless. Negative reviews need some basis, or you'll lose your credibility very very quickly.

That's like saying you wouldn't ever drive a dodge ram, because you like toyotas better so dodge is bad, and you've never driven/owned/looked at one. Pointless post.

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
Saying you "just think" means you must not have any real experience with the pack. Spewing an opinion on a pack that you haven't held or used in the backcountry isn't even false, its meaningless. Negative reviews need some basis, or you'll lose your credibility very very quickly.

That's like saying you wouldn't ever drive a dodge ram, because you like toyotas better so dodge is bad, and you've never driven/owned/looked at one. Pointless post.

It wasn't a review, simply my impression of the pack. That is why I said I had no business posting and was the reason I deleted my original post. I realize I am not in a position to be writing a review on the pack; I apologize. For some reason, I just have to question the masses at times. It seems to me that the packs are more about bells and whistles than true functionality and performance, that's all. Enough burying myself, so I'll stop there.

7mag.

WKR
I think everyone has a right to their own opinion. I like to hear both sides before I form my opinion. In this case, I will wait until they come out, then I will look at them in person.

As for celebrity endorsements, I think David Long is not a typical celebrity. At this time, I have no reason to believe that he would endorse a product that he doesn't truly believe in.

Last edited: