Any of you all have a 2017 or so Ram 2500 with the 6.4L gas?

Marshfly

WKR
For those of you that have changed tire size and NOT adjusted the speedo, do it. You will see a meaningful increase in real mileage. I used the AEV procal. Letting the computer know the actual tire circumference adjusts things in some way that I don't know enough about that you will see a real improvement in the way the truck drives and the economy.

This has been the case on every late model Ram I have had for the past 10 years. 4 trucks. 3 of them HDs.

Weldor

WKR
Fill it up and drive , then fill it up again and use a calculater. The dash computers have a tendency to exaggerate.

My hunting buddy had a brand new 2017, 3/4 ton, 4WD w/6.7 liter.
Kept telling him he needed to look at a diesel because he did alot of driving.
I rode in that truck several times. Just going down the road, the danged thing was constantly shifting! (?) Made no sense because it was an automatic.
Less than a year later, here he comes with a diesel!
The other truck was a real gas guzzler....and the constant shifting was irritating!

4500s will have small tires and super low axle ratios. They get crap mileage no matter the brand.
I won’t disagree with that, and don’t expect a truck with a lot of idle time to have good mileage. Still doesn’t help the fact you put a trailer behind it and it won’t pull itself out of the way.

AZ8

WKR
2023 Tradesman 2500 with 6.4. Love the truck. Just did a 300 mile road trip this weekend. A mix of steep grades and flat highway miles. 75-80 mph, even up hill.

14.2 mpg for the trip. Can't complain.

Towing my utility trailer with the UTV, getting around 10-11.

Not trying to fool myself it was built for gas mileage and getting all worked up over it.

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2022 1500 TRX and I get 7 to 8 miles per gallon. I know Im not helping just trying to make a few feel better that get 12+ MPG :)

wyosteve

WKR
I have a 2022 1500 TRX and I get 7 to 8 miles per gallon. I know Im not helping just trying to make a few feel better that get 12+ MPG :)
A TRX was on my bucket list, but I think you've cured that itch!!