Any leads on 77 TMK coming back in stock?

Duh

WKR
Does anyone know a production timeline or ETA when the 77 TMKs might be coming back in stock? Can’t find any online or in stores.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Mid south has 75gr black tips for 0.20 each, not a lot out there on them, maybe you could help w that.

Reactions: Duh
OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
I just got off the phone with Sierra and couldn’t get an answer on the next batch of 77 TMKs being made. Sounds like they didn’t expect them to run out so fast the last time.

I’ve never heard about that 75 gr black tip but maybe I need to look into them. I thought the 73 grain ELDM was the second choice behind the TMK?

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac...p-5-56-nato-75-grain-20rd-box-ammunition.html Here is the AAC loaded ammo.

Depends on your application for the bullet.

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm rocking some 75gr ELDMs until I can find some 77TMKs. Sounds like I might just need to come to terms with the fact that I'll be hunting with the ELDMs this year.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Keep an eye on Precision Reloading, they charge a little bit more but have stuff. I got 500 there in May.

The Midway USA "Notify Me" button costs me lots of $$$ too. I've had stuff come back around over a year later.

Matt5266

WKR
I recently reached out to Sierra on their website and was told that the machine is not set up to make them right now. They said it would be the end of the year before they started production again.

I suggest everyone kindly reach out as well, maybe enough emails will get that machine set up faster lol

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac...p-5-56-nato-75-grain-20rd-box-ammunition.html Here is the AAC loaded ammo.

Depends on your application for the bullet.
Here is the response I got back from midsouth.

“I can tell you that it isn’t a TMK though. The construction and jacket profile is more inline with a very popular varmint bullet being made by one of the largest bullet makers in the USA. We’ve been hearing from people that they’re having great results with them for both target and varmint shooting.”

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
It's definitely not the TMK but it's an affordable in stock bullet that could fit your application.

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Here is the response I got back from midsouth.

“I can tell you that it isn’t a TMK though. The construction and jacket profile is more inline with a very popular varmint bullet being made by one of the largest bullet makers in the USA. We’ve been hearing from people that they’re having great results with them for both target and varmint shooting.”

I just received 400 rounds of the 62 gr and 75 gr black tip 556 AAC ammo from Palmetto. On the itemized receipt, it mentioned "75 Vmax 556" and "62 Vmax 556"... leads me to believe Hornady is manufacturing these for Palmetto and Midsouth.

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have experience with the PSA stuff? Accuracy or velocity?

I actually haven't shot groups with either 62 gr or 75 gr variants, but while shooting rock chucks and prairie dogs a few weeks back, the 62 gr ammo had similar POI as my handloaded 69 TMK (out to 250 yards or so). Minute of P-dog without checking zero was good in my book, but I'd like to test them out at the range soon to actually measure accuracy and velocity out of my CTR 223.