Any Goat hunters on here from British Columbia Canada?

BrodieBC

FNG
Hey everyone Im looking for some fellow BC residents that are avid goat hunters. Im hoping to get some information and possibly find some like minded individuals for the upcoming season.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't say I'm avid... but I am from bc and I have tipped over a couple goats. Where in bc are you from?

Decker9

WKR
From BC (west of PG) and have a bit of a mountain goat addiction. I don’t hunt them nearly as much as I use to due to family responsibility’s, lately I tend to do a lot of mountain cam stuff with goats instead.

2DB7C1E0-0CEB-49A5-ADC8-EA984180C6DF.jpeg

Where are you from Brodie? I’m not a lot of help on areas, but goats in general, feel free to holler if you have any questions.

OP
B

BrodieBC

FNG
Im in Fort St John BC. Region 7B

Never hunted goats before but looking to give it a go this season. I was hoping to find some like minded individuals who would be happy to show me the ropes. Im willing to travel province wide and have all the gear required for 5-10 day hunts. None of my hunting buddies are really into giving it a go so looking to get some new experiences.

Ive done quite a few backcountry elk/deer hunts for 3-5 days at a time and well equipped for it but this is a whole different ball game compared to what im use to.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
BC resident here, Goats are a magnificent critter to experience.
My best hunting memories come from Goat hunts.
It's not about the harvest though, it's appreciating the terrain they live in.

OP
B

BrodieBC

FNG
BC resident here, Goats are a magnificent critter to experience.
My best hunting memories come from Goat hunts.
It's not about the harvest though, it's appreciating the terrain they live in.

Im just looking for the experience of it more than anything! Such an incredible animal to live in the places they do.

tater

WKR
Not trying to be difficult, but that is a big ask. A good goat (or sheep for that matter) hunting partner is worth their weight in gold.

It's not just a "i value my time out there a lot" component but also a "my life may depend on the choices my partner makes" facet as well.

There is no way i could imagine taking an unknown guy into technical goat terrain for a week or ten day mountain goat hunt.

That would be someone i had hunted with a lot in a variety of challenging circumstances.

OP
B

BrodieBC

FNG
Not trying to be difficult, but that is a big ask. A good goat (or sheep for that matter) hunting partner is worth their weight in gold.

It's not just a "i value my time out there a lot" component but also a "my life may depend on the choices my partner makes" facet as well.

There is no way i could imagine taking an unknown guy into technical goat terrain for a week or ten day mountain goat hunt.

That would be someone i had hunted with a lot in a variety of challenging circumstances.

I fully understand that aspect of it. But before I go running up some random mountain with zero experience with it id love some tips and help along the way if you know what I mean. Everyone is new to something at one point in their life. Those who are experienced and can help and share their wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Decker9

WKR
I’m not alot of help on areas to hunt, but goat identification and general knowledge I’m more then happy to help if you like. If you happen to be on IG, I have a pile of photos and videos on there that can help with identification. If you haven’t checked out the Rocky Mountain goat alliance, I highly recommend it as a great place for general info as well.

Goat hunting can be a blast, but it can scare the tar out of a person too. My best advice would be safety, always remember going up is easier then down, nothing worse then being in a pickle in a spot, that you have to go down because you can’t keep going up. That’s also usually when the rain or snow starts to fall lol, it truly reminds a person he’s still alive.

Iv hunted goats a few times with folks Iv met on the net, always turned into good buddies ime. Good luck on your hunt for a partner and a goat, truly the coolest critter we have.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
Do some research on LEH, find success rates compared to draws available from the bios.
Your closest bet is likely towards Tumbler...... Because of where you live. But there are lots of draws all over the province.
Some good odds and good billy's too.
Do your research on identifying a Billy. Watch videos, study their identification and habits. Do not shoot a Nany at all cost.
Expect to hunt in some of the most dangerous ugly terrain you can imagine. No your limits play within it.
Goats are magnificent

Last edited:
OP
B

BrodieBC

FNG
I’m not alot of help on areas to hunt, but goat identification and general knowledge I’m more then happy to help if you like. If you happen to be on IG, I have a pile of photos and videos on there that can help with identification. If you haven’t checked out the Rocky Mountain goat alliance, I highly recommend it as a great place for general info as well.

Goat hunting can be a blast, but it can scare the tar out of a person too. My best advice would be safety, always remember going up is easier then down, nothing worse then being in a pickle in a spot, that you have to go down because you can’t keep going up. That’s also usually when the rain or snow starts to fall lol, it truly reminds a person he’s still alive.

Iv hunted goats a few times with folks Iv met on the net, always turned into good buddies ime. Good luck on your hunt for a partner and a goat, truly the coolest critter we have.

Appreciate it man! Whats your IG I will check it out! This kind of info is very helpful and I appreciate it.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
There's been a New World Record BandCrockett Billy Goat registered, 60+ points . Exceeding the old record by 3 points
Don't know the details but sounds like a Giant has fallen.
I'm so fortunate to have gone on several Goat hunts. They truly are an experience of a lifetime, harvest or not.

Anyone know any details?

Decker9

WKR
It came from the Stikine canyon area, same area as the previous record. At 7 1/2 years old (by looking at the photos), it’s a pure freak of nature. Timber goats those ones are called, very tough to hunt due to FN in the area, one doesn’t dare leave a vehicle unattended.

There’s another that also breaks the record this year, Iv heard from good sources, but haven’t heard details yet. It breaks the previous record, but doesn't touch that 60”’er

as.ks.ak

WKR
It came from the Stikine canyon area, same area as the previous record. At 7 1/2 years old (by looking at the photos), it’s a pure freak of nature. Timber goats those ones are called, very tough to hunt due to FN in the area, one doesn’t dare leave a vehicle unattended.

There’s another that also breaks the record this year, Iv heard from good sources, but haven’t heard details yet. It breaks the previous record, but doesn't touch that 60”’er

Gonna be hard to every touch that 60 1/2” Billy. What an absolute hammer. Truly incredible growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been a New World Record BandCrockett Billy Goat registered, 60+ points . Exceeding the old record by 3 points
Don't know the details but sounds like a Giant has fallen.
I'm so fortunate to have gone on several Goat hunts. They truly are an experience of a lifetime, harvest or not.

Anyone know any details?
I saw this goat in person at the sheep show while they were measuring. I don’t know anything about goats but I can say it’s freaking impressive!

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i hunt goats every year, just helped my wife get a nice one this year! im way south of you but your more than welcome to dm me and ask any questions. They are a blast to hunt!