Any factory ammo recommendations for Browning x bolt?

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I have a .308 Browning x bolt hunter that I am having a bit of trouble dialing in. So far I have tried federal powershok 150, federal fusion, and Hornady black ammo. I can't get better than like a 3-4 inch 10 shot group. I have tried different scopes (night force and trijicon), re torqued the action screws. And not to toot my own horn, but I don't think it's me. My Tikka consistently shoots 1.5 inch 10 shot groups. I'm just wondering if anyone has any factory ammo recommendations (hunting) that have worked well for them. Or maybe that is the best I can expect for this gun with factory ammo. No interest in reloading- this is just a back up gun. I know the best thing to do is just buy a bunch of different types of ammo, but that's expensive. I prefer to buy one at a time until I find something that works. And if I have to pick one, id prefer to start with something that has worked for others.

If the federal blue box power shoks dont shoot half decent, there is likely something going on. Did you inspect the rifles barrel crown? Bore fairly clean of copper fouling? Maybe do a bedding job on the action? Maybe try some Barnes ammo too in 2 different grain loadings like 130 and 168. It could be a preference for bullet to rifling lands issue too.

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
Hornady Factory Match (ELDM) has shot lights out of every X-bolt I've been around. Its also a great hunting bullet with stellar terminal performance. I'd go that direction if it were me. If your gun doesn't shot Hornady Factory Match well, ditch the gun... X-bolts are fine shooters though and I'd imagine you'll see great groups out of this factory ammo if you give it a try.

OP
P

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Hornady Factory Match (ELDM) has shot lights out of every X-bolt I've been around. Its also a great hunting bullet with stellar terminal performance. I'd go that direction if it were me. If your gun doesn't shot Hornady Factory Match well, ditch the gun... X-bolts are fine shooters though and I'd imagine you'll see great groups out of this factory ammo if you give it a try.
That was my next choice, thank you.