Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

Idaboy

WKR
He's always been pretty straight shooter, down to earth kid, I can't imagine giving an interview after that. I really don't gets why the crowd was on him....I respect any of those guys who step out there, and I actuallly think there are more class acts in wrestling today wrt sportsmanship than 25 yrs ago...not dogging the prior generation, but seems like all matside interviews you see this time of year are pretty classy (exclude Ferrari here)

There were a lot of great matches this weekend, favorite match of the tourny was probably Keegan/Carr semis I like both those kids, they ahve been a lot of fun to watch over the years, really great rivalry.

I was watching with my three year old, at the beginning of each match I would ask him who he wanted to win, he usually picks whoever has on a red singlet since that is his favorite color. His attention span is pretty short, but I had a proud dad moment when Levi Haynes walked out to "country boy can survive" my son stopped what he was doing told me he wanted this guy to win, and started singing along. Safe to say he has found his favorite wrestler.

OP
J
Somehow I called out Levi's walk-out. Even told my wife during pre match commercial "Bet Levi walks out to a Junior song. Probably 'Country Boy' "

I caught the interview with 3rd placer Tyler Kasak (Levi's little brother). "What's next for you"

"Going to shoot a turkey with Levi"

Love them RedNeck kids......

OP
J
For real? Where you getting the good Intel?

Okie State just snagged Hamiti.....wondering if Dean was aware of the retirement? I would think Coach Smith was always the draw to the program.

LostArra

WKR
When Coleman Scott was hired as an Associate Head Coach from his head coach job at UNC it was only a matter of time.
Scott may have been the draw for Hamiti. UNC has had more national champs than Oklahoma State over the past five years

The Dylan Ragusin interview didn't exactly help Smith's future recruiting 😄

Last edited:
OP
J
I saw it. I thought it was epic. They generally mind their manners and mouth. Dylan ripped it.

I dont follow UNC AT ALL. I know AC beat Levi for a title last year. The German kid Clarke placed high.

Ramos went to UNC but did he stay (on staff)?

LostArra

WKR
I know you're an OSU fan. But the Perry dude never did much for me.

Are Guerrero and Espo still on staff?
Perry is John Smith's nephew. I don't know what he offers as a coach. Good resume as a wrestler.

I don't think Guerrero or Esposito are still there.