Any 10x Bino Folks Around?

2-Stix

WKR
Depends where I am hunting. I have 8x42 10x42 and 12x50. If I had to pick one do it all it would be 10x50.

Last edited:

wyogoat

WKR
10x Leicas. I think that’s the perfect x for what I’m up to. Good for glassing at a distance or I can easily find that bedded elk at 40 no problem.

OP
General RE LEE
I switched from 8x to 10x this year and it’s a rough transition. It feels like I’m looking through straws with the smaller FOV. Debating whether to get another pair of 8s

What binos? You can shop around a get pretty good FOV 10x without having to buy alphas.

ianpadron

WKR
I ran 12x50s the past 7 seasons, thought they were the best option...

On 2 different hunts this year I realized I didn't have the FOV I needed to efficiently grid a hillside sub 1200 yards.

Scooped some 8x32 ELs...holy cow, felt like I went from blind to 20/10. Was also pleasantly surprised by how much detail I could make out waaaayyy out there. Off hand glassing was not even comparable to the 12s. Lowlight performance is excellent, can see just fine waaayyy past legal shooting light.

Stumbled into some 10x32 Victory SFs at a ridiculous price and thought "why not"...indeed they can best be described as the perfect compromise between the 12s and 8s. Good enough off hand, noticeably wider FOV than the 12s, but extra resolution/detail off the tripod compared to the 8s.

If I could only keep one, for the mix of hunting I do out West (80% high country mule deer, 20% elk wherever I find 'em) the 10s are the clear choice.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve primarily used a 10 x 42 binocular, both Meopta Meostar HD and Swarovski SLC 10 x 42, but a good friend uses the Meopta Meostar HD 12 x 50, and for western hunting, it is a really nice fit. Glassing off a tripod is wonderful, but can be handheld in a stable manner, as well.

I have 3 10x binos (NL Pure 10x42, Habicht 10x40 and Zeiss SF 10x32). They each have their own strengths and I will pick one of the three depending on what I am doing/where I am going. I still prefer an 8x if I am hiking in AND have the 15xs or a spotter since it is easier for me to hand hold 8x especially if I am breathing hard, but for a 1 bino solution in open mountain country the 10x work for me.