Antlerless Hunts

Ghanson4

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been looking at a few antlerless hunts and should have at least one antlerless tag in my pocket for the next couple years

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
That’s definitely my goal. I want my kids to be able to take advantage of hunting opportunities while they are young and at home. I figured antlerless hunt’s can help a lot.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Some of the Farmland zones in WI have a Holiday Antlerless hunt that runs from 24 Dec - 1 Jan. It varies which units (goes by county) year to year, but a good chunk of the southern part of the state runs it. Normally quite a few tags available. Rifle and bow license both included a buck tag + two antlerless tags, so six total. You can normally get bonus antlerless tags, the quota is based off the county you’re hunting. Those can be purchased any time. Not sure if it’s any different for NRs and getting allocated bonus antlerless tags.

MTtrout

WKR
Looks like you’re in UT so archery cow hunts are a hoot! Hunt the draw bull units and do some research on population # and mountain ranges you’re interested in hunting. You will find elk if you try. UT is a funny state in that it seems like some of the folks there like talking hunting a lot but wait till they (or family and friends) draw LE tags to actually hunt. When I lived there I never hesitated camping ‘relatively’ close to the camper trailer rendezvous parties because of all the hunting I did in UT I never stumbled upon another hunter in the woods nor elk that I didn’t spook myself.

Edit: the OP said rifle hunts

Find the spots you know elk are and put in for cow/spike tags for non archery hunts. Even doe mule tags where they are available. Still plenty of opportunities in your state, if you don’t caught up in the stigma.

Many other great suggestions for easier doe tags in above post

Last edited: