Anti hunting Hunters in Japan

Looks like Japan has a problem with bears, and the hunters there don’t want to hunt them!

Pretty lame if you ask me. Easy answer would be to open the flood gates to Americans and real outfitters to just hunt them!

Maki35

WKR
"There are also fewer humans around as young people move to big cities, leaving whole towns nearly empty. When bears do encounter humans, it can turn violent."

Seems like the area only has a few elderly hunters that doesn't want to take the risk.
Sounds like most of their young folks have moved to the city to pursue a career. And isn't interested in hunting (different culture.)

If they opened the door to Americans, there wouldn't be any bears left. (sarcasm) lol

Last edited:

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I actually did a podcast with a friend who has lived in Japan for ~20 years about hunting in Japan. As an American, there isn't any opportunity for us, but would defintiely be on my list it were. There is a very rich culture of hunting over there. Sorry for the plug, but this was one of my favorite Hunting Perspective I've done so far.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
actually have been to japan,, sounds fun.

just hope the bears don't carry swords.

WCB

WKR
"There are also fewer humans around as young people move to big cities, leaving whole towns nearly empty. When bears do encounter humans, it can turn violent."

Seems like the area only has a few elderly hunters that doesn't want to take the risk.
Sounds like most of their young folks have moved to the city to pursue a career. And isn't interested in hunting (different culture.)

If they opened the door to Americans, there wouldn't be any bears left. lol
Yep...no bears left here in the U.S.

Almost like there is a way to limit the number of hunters or animals harvested...where have I seen this before, hmmmmm. Oh yeah

CorbLand

WKR
Can someone point out where that article would lead someone to believe that they are anti hunting hunters?

There were three people interviewed in the article.

The first one didnt really seem anti hunting them, more asking questions. Different laws could come into effect here and he could have some legitimate concerns. It also sounds like they arent really trying to open a season for them, more allowing people to shoot in self defense and that they are primarily in urban areas. If F&G tried this here, I would be asking who is responsible if I shoot one in my backyard and it runs over and attacks the neighbor as well.

The second was the older dude that basically said he is too old and its not worth it to him. It notes that the older generation is the primary hunting population.

The third works for a wildlife org and a quick look at their webpage doesnt give me the feeling that they are hunters in the slightest.

Clickbait thread title?

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Clickbait thread title?

Indeed it is. I'm sure the article and author are taking the Internet by storm and if you read it closer it has 5 hidden life hacks in it that a top US heart surgeon wants you to do tonight to eliminate belly fat and become a better hunter of women over the age of 55, or something like that.

CorbLand

WKR
Indeed it is. I'm sure the article and author are taking the Internet by storm and if you read it closer it has 5 hidden life hacks in it that a top US heart surgeon wants you to do tonight to eliminate belly fat and become a better hunter of women over the age of 55, or something like that.
Not overly interested in women over the age of 55 but if you got any tips on the belly fat, I am all ears.

Just what we need, more exploitations globally by outfitters and guides from the US. and Europe.

Yoder

WKR
It sounds like they are afraid to shoot them because of their crazy gun laws.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Punctuation is important, kids.

Is it 'become a better hunter of women over the age of 55'

OR

'become a better hunter of women, over the age of 55'

/ --- 9That is supposed to be a question mark9

With parentheses ...

So please forgive my own punctuation. My shift key has gone paws-up. I'm limping along on the caps lock key.

But punctuation is important ---that's the point.

Otherwise you could wind up with the wrong woman.

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
This would easily work as a solution!
I looked into a bow hunting options in Japan before my trip last year, thinking it would be pretty big activity given the Samurai use of bows and everything. I was surprised to learn that they do not allow bow hunting of animals and consider it an unethical way of hunting because, according to the Japanese, a gun is more efficient and less chance of wounding an animal. I was very disappointed to find that out

I looked into a bow hunting options in Japan before my trip last year, thinking it would be pretty big activity given the Samurai use of bows and everything. I was surprised to learn that they do not allow bow hunting of animals and consider it an unethical way of hunting because, according to the Japanese, a gun is more efficient and less chance of wounding an animal. I was very disappointed to find that out
I’ve seen a few insta hunters pushing against bow hunting turkeys lately for the same reason. Deciding what’s ethical or not is definitely a slippery slope.