Anti Hunter Backpackers/Hikers

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
In Washington I've met lots of people on the trail and when bow hunting they have all been very friendly. Some have even told us where they had seen bears. When I have had a rifle strapped to my pack I have had people avoid me like the plague. I think people dislike guns more than they dislike hunting.

bowinhand

WKR
Mostly just "Is it hunting season?" or "are you hunting?" Had one older lady ask me if she should tie white bandanas on her dogs, I said if you want to...but blue or orange may be a better color, she thanked me and wished me luck. some times I do get weird or longer looks if I'm wearing my mossy tree blob type camo pack. I really think the reason most of us haven't had any really bad encounters is because most antis don't like being out in nature just the idea of it.

OP
JPD350

JPD350

WKR
My apologies Justin, I should have never started the thread referring to your post, I should have worded my thought differently.

JP

Lawnboi

WKR
Most non hunters dont seem to talk to me too much when they see my glock strapped to my waistbelt.

Other than that, I am an avid backpacker as well! Dont be so quick to judge, just cause your a backpacker, dosnt mean your a hippie tree hugger. I love to be in the backcountry, hunting, fishing, scouting, shed hunting, or just taking some people out and showing them what real camping is.

Btw i got foliage cause im cheap, but it seems like it dosnt matter what color my pack is, with a gun strapped to it people just are not as friendly.

Last edited:
B

bearguide

i am with luke / we try hard to be where there are not people