Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Around 10x42 currently considering:

Vortex Razor HD 10x42
Maven B.2 9x45
Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 10x42
Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42
Leica Trinovid HD 10x42

Any input, experience, other options would be great.

Anyone's thoughts on Zeiss or Leica warranty or customer service? I am confident in the other three.

Could stretch the budget a bit if there is a better option.

Thanks.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Do not overlook the option of the GPO Passion HD's or the Kowa Genesis binoculars
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks
Have heard many good things about Doug @ CameraLand. Going to look into those, and likely will be calling. Thanks for the input.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
OP, Can't speak to the Maven's, but a Meostar HD, which can be found in mint/used condition with full lifetime warranty is better than any of the other 4 in your list.
Haven't looked at Meostar. Going to check them out.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Kowa Genesis for me have been excellent, very well made and solid to hold. Maven, Zeiss, and Leica have good glass also. Try them as everyone eyes are different.
Haven't looked into Kowa much, I'll check them out.

I had maven 11x45’s. I loved them and they served me well until i was able to get some 12x nl pures. No there not swaros but if i had to id gladly rock the B2’s again. Also had the 18x B5’s. They to did great for me. I sold both for the nl’s
Edit: i also have a maven rs1 rifle scoop for 3 years now. That to has never failed me and im very happy with it. I like maven.

I own some Razor HD's but only use them as truck binos and for running around squirrel, pig, and turkey hunting when I'm more likely to drop stuff. Thats when I want a warranty over low light resolution! Otherwise I'm looking thru ultravids. Ive tested out the Conquest and Trinovids, they're fantastic glass and much easier on the eyes than the Razor. Personally I prefer Leica for the contrast, but the conquest is tripod adaptable out of the box without a clamp or attachment.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the Vortex Razor UHD 10x50s and they are a pleasure to look through. I picked them up used for around a grand.
I believe the Razor UHD is a better optic than anything so far discussed in this thread. Optically, It is near alpha quality. I do not believe the build quality is up to par with any of the big 3 alphas. I base this on my own rudimentary testing and other more exhaustive tests reviewed. They are certainly available for around 1K in the used or refurbished market, if you search around.

I absolutely love my B.2s. Highly recommend them. Amazing low light performance and great image.

They are a little chunky, but well worth that trade off.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard the Vortex UHD's are quite nice. I also have a pair of 15 SLC's with are excellent glass. You might find either used for around $1000.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
T
Between those, Trinovid. I would spend another $200 or so though and look for some lightly used SLC's or Ultravid HD or HD +. That will get you alpha glass for hardly any more money.
This is great advice ^^^

That is what I would do 100%

Bought my son the Trinovids for college graduation present as the are the best in that range IMO and my wife would have freaked out if I gave him a used set 😁