Another Washington guy here

Spyder

FNG
Hows it going everyone, I just found this forum the other day and it looks awesome. Like the title says, from Washington, I'm stationed here, active duty Air Force. Grew up in Kentucky, started hunting when I was a little guy. Haven't been able to hunt as much the last few years as I would like but, this year it's full throttle. My goal is an archery elk. Got a new bow, shoot everyday, run about 20 miles a week and have been learning to call and researhing areas around here. Well thats me.

OP
Spyder

Spyder

FNG
Thanks again fellas, I'm stationed at McChord but, I live in Orting. I'm not sure you will be seeing a Bull, haven't made my mind up a 100% but I'm thinking about hunting eastern Washington for cows and spikes, when I don't get drawn for a bull tag. I belive it will be an all around better hunt. I'm not sure though, I'm pretty new at the elk thing.

OP
Spyder

Spyder

FNG
Yeah, I was just browsing around the site and noticed there are quite a few guys from around here. I love these sites, I can't believe how many good people you can meet, not to mention all the good info. The hunting community is full of good people. I have one more hunting season in Washington, I'm doing everything I can to make it a good one.

elk247

FNG
Hey Spyder. This is my first post on this site but I was thinking about taking active duty serviceman elk hunting this archery season. I have 17 years of elk hunting experiance in western washington. If you hunt with me it will be cow or 3 pt. +. If you want to hunt the eastside I would still be happy to help. Hope you get drawn man. Let me know if I can help.