Another Ruger American Offering

Love or hate, they are here to stay and they keep offering more calibers. This time the Go Wild edition has been expanded to include the 6.5 PRC. They have added 2" in order to get the barrel to 24". I'm really liking the idea of this. I already have 2 Predator models and love them more than all my other "nicer" rifles.

RUGER AMERICAN® RIFLE WITH GO WILD® CAMO

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I passed on one in 358 winchester a month or so ago, Still kicking myself, I didn't realize that it was such a limited offering.

OP
bruceleroy
Ive never seen one in that caliber. I, for one, am glad they are upping the game of "budget" guns.

ericF

WKR
Anyone know if they’re available yet?

I looked everywhere I could yesterday and couldn't find one at any of the distributors. Sign up for a notice at Davidson's if you want a stock notice.

OP
bruceleroy
Spoke with their marketing guy today. This will be a long action rifle. Same as their 300 WM. This is awesome news for me! Load em long and we will see some great velocities with bullets like the 156 EOL.

Blakelok

FNG
I bought my kids one in 6mm creedmoor. Here is a 3 shot group with factory Hornady Match while sighting it in yesterday:

yTnDK2G.jpg

The trigger on mine was a little stiff. It was an easy fix, so far so good. Nice looking rifle for sure! I bought because it appears to be a tough rifle that might be able to handle mountain hunting well. It is light weight, syn stock.....etc. The price is right, I wont fell so bad if I bump it on a boulder hiking up the mountain. Ruger actions have been good to me. Over all a decent rifle that is accurate.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Bought my kid a 6mmCr and it shot lights out also. Have a 6.5 and 204.... would jump on a 260 or 300wm if I saw one .... hoping the 300prc follows suit here because I’d want one bad enough to order it.

I prefer the gen 1 guns for their stocks and triggers but can’t imagine a better gun for the money regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyphen

FNG
My son has a go Wild in 6.5 CDM. Great gun. Best part is at 110 yd it shoots same group with Hornady 129 gr American Whitetail as with 143 gr Precision Hunter without scope adjustment. Nice to shoot former for WT/coyote and latter for Axis/hog.

68Plexi

WKR
I bought one of these Ruger go wild’s over the winter and I can’t believe how good it shoots. Got it in 6.5cm so my young kids could have it and now I want to hunt with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Lahey

FNG
I know this is reviving an old post, but the gun the OP mentions is the way I'm leaning for an "everything" gun for myself and my two boys. They are age 12 (130 lbs) and 10 (85 lbs), so recoil matters. Gun would be meant for elk, deer, antelope and black bear.

So my plan is to purchase the Go Wild Ruger American in 6.5 PRC, replace the brake with the Ruger Hybrid brake, slap on either a Vortex HD LHT or Zeiss Conquest V4 and try out (3) factory loads while breaking it in. Those three will be Nosler Trophy Grade Accubond 140gr, Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X and Berger 156 Elite Hunter. Does anyone have any experience with this gun that they would be willing to share or with how any of the factory loads shoot out of it? I read that the trigger sucks. Any recommendations for replacement?