Another new guy from Ca

Hey y’all, long time listener first time caller. Been lurking the forums for a while now. Figured I’d join in on the fun finally.

I’m located in the greater Bay Area, Sonoma County. Primarily a bow hunter, but love taking the rifle out for a long walk too.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie

jd23ritt

FNG
I'm in the same boat! Long time lurker who just joined living in Monterey! Trying to get those 10 posts in!

I just moved here from Louisiana and the mule deer thing is foreign to me. Looking to do some public land hunting this fall. Do you know anything about Los Padres National Forest?

SkyHunter

FNG
I'm in the same boat! Long time lurker who just joined living in Monterey! Trying to get those 10 posts in!

I just moved here from Louisiana and the mule deer thing is foreign to me. Looking to do some public land hunting this fall. Do you know anything about Los Padres National Forest?
Having recently moved to AZ from GA, I relate to the foreign nature of mule deer! Way different hunt than the southern and midwestern whitetail I'm used to.

OP
S

I’ve not ever hunted LPNF, but I’ve done a bit of camping and hiking there. It can be pretty damn steep, with lots of poison oak.

In the peak of summer there isn’t much water, so if you find a spring, chances are good you’ll see wildlife.