Another Fierce Firearms Issue

OP
swavescatter

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Not sure why anyone would think that the retailer is responsible for the firearm to shoot well. They are simply a dealer for the product.

They should be assisting with getting the manufacturer to make it right by any means necessary. But to think that cabelas is somehow responsible for the guns inaccuracy is a bizzare train of thought.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I’m not talking inaccuracy. When a rifle is unable to chamber and extract cartridges around which it was designed, that’s a defective product they should refund.

Bass pro has every ability to refund that rifle and work with fierce on the backend to square up. The general manager even admitted that to me. They just prefer not to because it’s easier to let the customers fight manufactures.

Marshfly

WKR
I’m not talking inaccuracy. When a rifle is unable to chamber and extract cartridges around which it was designed, that’s a defective product they should refund.

Bass pro has every ability to refund that rifle and work with fierce on the backend to square up. The general manager even admitted that to me. They just prefer not to because it’s easier to let the customers fight manufactures.
This right here. A retailer has a responsibility to deliver goods that perform as intended. Whether it's a rotisserie chicken that isn't raw, a bike tire tube that holds air, or even a rifle that chambers the ammunition that is stamped on the side of the barrel.

OP
swavescatter

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Unfortunately that’s the bizarre world we live in. Imagine buying a $3k set of binoculars but the store won’t let you open the box. No refunds, no returns. You get home and the glass is all shattered, now you’re at the mercy of Swarovski.

Obviously people can’t be loading/test firing ammo in house, but it still puts 100% of the burden on the customers.

grfox92

WKR

I agree with everything in your reply. That's why I had the bit in there about cabelas should be doing everything they can to get Fierce to make it right.

My reply was more geared towards a mentality, not yours, that you should be able to bring that gun to Cabelas and get your money back right away.

There are processes in place at all major retailers for situations like this. I used to manage Home Depots for a living. Ariens tractors come to mind. They were major junk and always had issues. We would always follow the warranty process and attempt to have Ariens to right the wrong. Sometimes it worked out, and sometimes we wound up with non functional riding mowers behind the building that ultimately got thrown in a dumpster.

I'm rooting for you and sure hope Cabelas makes it right in the end if Fierce does not.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Weldor

WKR
My Fury shoots lights out, Canadian made. Just bought a Roque ct, different action in the 6,5 prc. LA in the Fury , SA in the Roque. Wil report after Rogue break in this weekend. Rem. clone. Norma match 6.5 prc. The flyer was my bore sight.
Well I put 20 rounds down range Saturday, following the break in procedure. No hicups at all. The bolt is a little grainy but It needs to be worked in. Feed ramp is a little tough , but agian needs to work in some. Accuracy was about moa at 100. but I wasn't shooting for accuracy, just break in. Looks like a shooter to me. I am glad I did not have any issues. 3 for 3 with Fierce.

tysonmax

FNG
Wow...I literally have a Reaper in the shopping cart and was ready to buy, yet something told me to do a little more research and found this and a few other threads. It sounds like you guys just saved me a $3,300 headache.

OP
swavescatter

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
I've called Fierce on different days/different times, and only got someone on the phone once out of about 20 attempts. According to him I should have my Reaper in my hands now but so far no word.

We'll see if it's a shooter, but I will never spend $3k on a non-custom rifle again. Or anything on a Bergara.

Expensive lesson to learn, but paying the stupid tax is something I've done with other hobbies...

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
Word of mouth will put them out of business, why would anyone buy something that has had so many issue, and the company president laughs about being sued. 🤔
sorry for those who are being ripped off

A $100.00 option when you buy them is a factory target. I just ordered a Mountain Reaper in 7PRC with a 20 inch barrel. I paid the $100 for the target showing it under .5 moa.

OP
swavescatter

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Just got off the phone with them. Was told a couple weeks ago several weeks ago, now their best estimate is 1 month more. They said they are making "big changes in the back". Not sure what that means, but sounds like they have a massive backlog of fail.

I could have bought 3 Tikkas instead :poop:

A $100.00 option when you buy them is a factory target. I just ordered a Mountain Reaper in 7PRC with a 20 inch barrel. I paid the $100 for the target showing it under .5 moa.

I'd have a hard time trusting that such a target is legit from a firearm manufacturer who at one time took a video firing a rifle that had only been pilot drilled and not rifled to prove it being acceptable and then proceeded to ship rifle without rifling to customer as satisfactory AND didn't make it right after the fact.

I'd have a hard time trusting that such a target is legit from a firearm manufacturer who at one time took a video firing a rifle that had only been pilot drilled and not rifled to prove it being acceptable and then proceeded to ship rifle without rifling to customer as satisfactory AND didn't make it right after the fact.
Please share the video! I could care less what you think of anything. Do you own a Fierce rifle? I believe Subarus are junk but you went and bought one anyway.

Please share the video! I could care less what you think of anything. Do you own a Fierce rifle? I believe Subarus are junk but you went and bought one anyway.

Just referencing @david2duck's experience, he would be the one with the video.

I apologize for my pessimism and hope you get a tack driver.

OP
swavescatter

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Give this a read.

Just like Bergara and Christensen Arms, Fierce CAN put out some great shooters. The true make of a manufacturer is how they handle mistakes when they occur. Bergara flat out refused to fix a rifle that wouldn't shoot for me, and I had to have a local smith fix it. CA seems to have decent customer service, but really high defect rates.

Fierce seems to have high defect rates AND painfully slow/argumentative customer service. AND they are triple the cost of similar rifles...

bmart2622

WKR
I will preface this by saying I do currently own a Fierce, its an older Canadian made rifle, it shoots great and is problem free. I called multiple times over the course of several weeks trying to get rings for it and never heard back from them. I really really wanted to get another Fierce in 7 PRC. Again I tried contacting them several times and gave up after not hearing back after several weeks of trying. If a company cant get back to me so I can purchase a product from them, I would hate to see how it would go if I had a problem with one of their products. Combine the poor reviews, poor QC and the lack of communication and poor CS and Im out!!!

buzzy

WKR
This is funny. Talk about a marketing gimmick. Absolutely no proof at what they are sending came from your rifle. And any good rifle maker should include proof of MOA as part of the purchase, not as an add on for additional money.

I think the "your groups are too small" thread and hornady podcast helped further expose why a lot of the 3 shot accuracy guarantees are really just marketing and hold little value because it doesn't take much to get a gun to shoot a sub moa 3 shot group. I'd argue that a sub 0.5 MOA 3 shot group probably does tell you a bit more but you have to be able to take the companies word on everything being on the up and up.

Even with Seekins' satisfaction guarantee - They shot nice groups with 190 gr FGMM on my warranty replacement (I trust they were legit) but that gun still didn't consistently shoot the bullets I wanted to use (215 hybrid or 212 eldx) acceptably for me. I could care less how a hunting rifle shoots 190 SMKs. I don't doubt seekins would have tried to make me happy on a third one but at that point it was just easier to pony up for a smith to chamber up a barrel that i was more confident would work better.

Last edited: