Another broadhead thread - iron will vs ???

Jason277

WKR
I have 125 kudupoints with and without bleeders and shot them out to 80 yards and both are dead on with my field points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They fly like Darts for sure. I guess I'm worried about when they hit an elk and how they will hold up.

I like Ironwill as well, really can't go wrong with them. However I found the Evolution Outdoors to be the most forgiving as well. I've never smacked broadhead and field tips together at 60 before I discovered those. That being said they are no where as durable, and do not have the edge retention of the IW.
Did you find any weight variance on the EO specifically the Hydes? Mine were coming in a little light, 92g,94g, 91g.

Zac

WKR
Did you find any weight variance on the EO specifically the Hydes? Mine were coming in a little light, 92g,94g, 91g.
They are supposed to be lighter. The designer factored that into the drag factor in order to mimic the trajectory of a field point.

MT257

WKR
They fly like Darts for sure. I guess I'm worried about when they hit an elk and how they will hold up.
Taken two with kudus, seem to hold an edge rather well. Still seem rather sharp after going through them.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the EO 125grain the last two years and they’ve been excellent, durable and accurate. Just ordered another half dozen and some practice heads

I'm looking at using Kudus vs Cutthroats this year. Iron Wills look good too but they're just 50-60$ more expensive than the others.

Twitch

WKR
I bought a 3 pack of Iron Wills, they didn't fly well for me and I lost one. I went back to Montec. If someone wants to try my remaining 2, let me know. 100 grain.
Damnit I just ordered 3 more two days ago. Wish I had seen this.

Relating to the threat, I shot a buck last year quartering towards me and got a complete pass through.
I shot some this morning and went consecutive shots at 30,40 and 50 into a 2” dot for the first time
Shooting broadheads since last fall after practicing a ton with field points this spring.

Sarcazmo

FNG
Iron wills are really nice. My buddy bought three. No animals taken with em yet but they fly true and seem to be expertly crafted.

I'm in the camp of you don't need to pay that much to get similar results though... I don't see enough of an upgrade vs QAD exodus for example to justify my paying that much more.

Not hating on them by any means, I think its awesome to see the engineering and innovation go into these, but they certainly are a luxury.