Another broadhead thread - iron will vs ???

JoeDirt

WKR
Well how on earth do you propose that people figure out that they're different and why.....if they don't "compare them"??? Why on earth would that annoy you? We compare every product we use to other products, why would BH's be any different?
I dont care about comparing. I equate the old 3-4 blade chisel tip to the 30-30 Winchester. People will say "Its killed more animals than any other broadhead style"

Other than cheap chisel tips broadheads there's no benefit in running one over a cut on contact. If you're going to run fixed just go cut on contact.

The OP posted "I’ve been going back and forth on these heads while currently using magnus black hornet. I’m thinking between Iron Will, Muzzy Trocar, Slick Trick and QAD Exudus."

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The OP posted "I’ve been going back and forth on these heads while currently using magnus black hornet. I’m thinking between Iron Will, Muzzy Trocar, Slick Trick and QAD Exudus."
Ya, and I had some IW's but currently shoot Exodus for fixed blades. They're great heads.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I remember when IW came out. They touted their warranty big time. Guys bought them, “I’ll never need to buy heads again unless I lose them.” That was part of the justification for spending 3-4x as much as other heads!!!! Hard to justify now.

danwolf

FNG
I started with 100g magnus stingers, didn’t like how thin the metal was and it tended to bed. I wanted to go to a blade I can sharpen.
I tried 100g IW vented, yes they shoot well at distance just like a field point. But man they are loud. I even contacted IW about the noise and they said to buy solid blades. Still might hunt with them I just was weirded out after their suggestion and the noise.
So. I went with 125 kudupoint solids. Same accuracy. So far one broadhead has killed two deer, so I just keep using that one.
I’m sure there’s alot of options out there, a good choice is a solid blade that can be sharpened.

WMag338

WKR
Can't say enough good things about Iron Wills and Bill V. I shoot mine at 100 yards regularly and they are more accurate than I am. I had complete pass throughs with 100g solids in a bull elk and cow moose. With the cow moose, it buried the broadhead all the way to the arrow shaft in a log after the passthrough. What more could one ask for?

Mine never really flew that great. They would hit with my FP's just fine at 20-40 yards. But they exposed my form flaws really bad past 40. . That's on me not IW.
I have 100S, 125S, 150S all std width.

I had to keep bow speed around 270 fps to really benefit for my set up and shot process. (Hinge). I had a bow that was almost at 300fps with the 100 gr IW and it was a handful. But to be fair, most BH's were.
I currently use 3 fletch with AAE Stealth 3" vanes. Never did try a 4 fletch in a smaller vane.
I did buy some sharpener system to help make this process easier and havent used it yet to review it, but saw it on a Ranch Fairy video I think.

My Montecs grouped well at any distance out to 90 yards. (72 lb at 290FPS) They just were dull and got even duller as I used them.

This year I bought 3 of the Grim Reaper Pro Series Micro Hades Pro Broadheads (4 Blade) to test as well as 3 of the Strickland's Archery Helix Broadheads (Right Bevel).
If these group easier I will stick with one of them.

I'm just done paying $90 for 3 BH's. I have 6 cases of 6pak - IW BH's in all. So don't accuse me of being afraid to spend the $. :)
You wanna sell some 🤣

I have both of them and wouldn't say the Ironwills are worth the extra money. They are nice but I took a deer with the hornet no issues with a pass through shot. I have the magnus stingers and they are more quite in flight then both the hornet and Ironwills wide. Of note all of mine are 125 grains.