Anchorage Overnight

Pretty sure it's not a knock on kuiu as much and more of knocking on all the clowns who wear full camo all over town once they are up here.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Gotcha.

I tend to wear my camo jacket and base layers around town just so I don’t have to pack a second one. Other than that I wear normal clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
So now I have to buy a bunch of Kuiu stuff to "fit in"?! Should push it back a year then, so I can save even more money to be able to to this... :D.
I was on a halibut charter last year and there was a dude in full kuiu vias. Pants, jackets, layers, he had all of it.

I figured he was going hunting since it was almost August….nope, he was just on a trip to AK with his wife and wanted to catch a halibut.

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
I was on a halibut charter last year and there was a dude in full kuiu vias. Pants, jackets, layers, he had all of it.

I figured he was going hunting since it was almost August….nope, he was just on a trip to AK with his wife and wanted to catch a halibut.

Gotta be honest, I do have a set of their yukon rain gear that i really like. Just might get a little stuffy wearing it to dinner :)

medvedyt

WKR
So now I have to buy a bunch of Kuiu stuff to "fit in"?! Should push it back a year then, so I can save even more money to be able to to this... :D.
ah ah here we are joking about that and most wearers here are people from outside going for hunting and guides/outfitters.
i met Jason (creator of the brand) long time ago in town where his stuffs was still built in Canada and i said to him the day they will expand the sizing they will be seen everywhere even by non hunters ...

Bigred323

FNG
We were just in Alaska a couple of weeks ago and stayed In anchorage the first night and night before leaving.

We ate a moose’s tooth since it was recommended. Pretty good pizza but nothing out of this world to say “you gotta eat there!” Good pizza good beer. Tons of people though.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT book the Econo Inn up the north end by Ship Creek. You’re pretty much paying to stay in a crack house.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I don’t get this….its pizza. I understand for folks whom live out in rural AK like myself and don’t get a really good pizza very often but to come to Alaska and go out for pizza has always seemed strange to me.
I find Moose's Tooth to not be worth the effort. Alaska has no great pizza, Moose's Tooth is amongst the best, but that is like being the little league champion.

Though, really, Alaska is not a foodie destination (I was raised on South Louisiana style cooking, much of AK is bland Yankee style fare and needs a generous amount of spices a herbs).

To the OP, just pick a place within walking distance of your hotel.

In Anchorage, Alaska Burger and Brew has good burgers, but I think the Linwood Burger at the Linwood Bar in Seldovia is the best burger I have had in the state.

South has great breakfast food, but usually a line to go with it.

Xaloes Mexican Grill is pretty good for what it is and priced well. Most of the other Mexican food is mediocre at best (I've lived in SoCal and South Texas and traveled a little in Mexico, so have had good Mexican).

Wild Scoops is actually worth the line.

Kriner's Diner has good breakfast food in the greasy potato and hash sort of way.

I try and stay out of Anchorage, but those are the places I go the few times a year I'm up there. I'm the wrong person to ask about fancy restaurants. Now that I look at that list, perhaps I'm just a trash panda telling myself I'm a foodie.

If you have transportation, make an evening hike up Near Point, it is the best way to make Alaskan restaurant food taste better.

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Arkansas. Never see any Kuiu, but most Arkies have two types of clothing Camo and Razorback. Might see a little Drake clothing due to the out of state duck hunters.

Lakefront hotel or AirBnB. 49th State before leaving. And for the post hunt greasy calories and cheap beer the Long Branch Saloon.

More booze at Double shovel cider or Brewerks. Ice cream at WooHoo. Enjoy

Sep 1-3 booked with lakefront lodge for this guy and his wife

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Do yourself and favor, be a fat ass like me, and head to Dino's Donuts and get yourself a fresh Maple Bacon Doughnut.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Pizza boys in one step above little ceasars. I’m convinced Soldotna translated means shit food. Best to avoid eating out anywhere in soldotna or Kenai. If so I recommend McDonalds or Dairy Queen. Both have the best food in soldotna.

Pizza boys in one step above little ceasars. I’m convinced Soldotna translated means shit food. Best to avoid eating out anywhere in soldotna or Kenai. If so I recommend McDonalds or Dairy Queen. Both have the best food in soldotna.

My wife and I were not impressed with the food in general in Alaska in 2021. This included eating in Kotzebue, Anchorage, and each town between down the Kenai including Homer.

The best food we had was at the breweries on the peninsula. It was usually pretty good pizza or burgers. Other than that, not too good. Even the seafood we had at two nice restaurants was a big disappointment. Nothing like king crab legs that were impossible to crack bc the shell was rubbery….

I wouldn’t suggest anyone travel to Alaska with hopes of good food. At least not from my experience.