Anchorage ground taxi question.

Djacker

WKR
Dumb question for the group. I have a moose hunt planned for Sept 2023. I will be flying back home from Anchorage. My question is, what ground taxi service is best for transporting antlers and all my other gear from Merrill Field to Ted Stevens? Will any taxi service do or is there a better option? Thanks

You can ask the charter airline you are flying with if they have a shuttle.

Can always use an Uber XL

Nice that you are optimistic you’ll have a moose to deal with 😃

AKDoc

WKR
^^^good suggestions^^^

You can also ask your charter carrier staff in Merrill for transport recommendations when you get there...I'm sure they see this scenario often.

No doubt you're already on this, just mentioning to be helpful, be sure you stay up to date with current preparation and wrapping standards/requirements your air carrier has in effect regarding your moose rack as checked-baggage on your flight home from Ted Stevens (if planning to do so).

Best of luck to you for a great adventure!

OP
D

Djacker

WKR
I asked the charter carrier, she said use a taxi. She didnt know for sure if a normal taxi would take antlers though. My hunting partner is a know shipper, so will be sending the meat/ antlers home using Alaska Air cargo. Thanks !

AKDoc

WKR
I asked the charter carrier, she said use a taxi. She didnt know for sure if a normal taxi would take antlers though. My hunting partner is a know shipper, so will be sending the meat/ antlers home using Alaska Air cargo. Thanks !
Good idea using Alaska Air Cargo...I'm a known shipper as well and they do a great job.

FYI, the Air Cargo center is separate from the Ted Stevens terminal...about a half-mile away and not really walkable. You'll need to catch a taxi between the two, which is no problem.

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
I use Uber on both Fairbanks and Anchorage. I have also used Turro or paid someone (like hotel employee) to shuttle me.