Anchorage gunsmith

Htm84

WKR
Any recommendations for a gunsmith in Anchorage or the valley? Looking to get a rifle cut and threaded for a suppressor.
Thanks in advance

MooreAK

FNG
Classified Approved
You might try Hawks gunsmithing in Anchorage. No personal experience but a friend had some work done and was happy.

Used Denali Arms, in Wasilla and would highly recommend. But he’s likely booked a few weeks out.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
@Htm84 , did you end up finding a smith to cut and thread your barrel?
Denali arms quoted me $700 to cut and thread my browning X-bolt which is somewhat crazy given that the gun cost $900. He was going to custom machine and heat treat a stainless shoulder which seems unnecessary even though I have a thin barrel (9/16-24 threads should leave a shoulder). Nice guy, very helpful on the phone, and amazing looking and high-tech work, but I really just need a simple cut & thread without bells & whistles.

I dropped my rifle off at Arctic Ammo in Palmer mid-April and had to pick it up in August after three + months because it wasn't done yet and hunting season was here. They are backed-up beyond belief, but at least they quoted me a reasonable $150.

Last edited:
OP
Htm84

Htm84

WKR
@Htm84 , did you end up finding a smith to cut and thread your barrel?
Denali arms quoted me $700 to cut and thread my browning X-bolt which is somewhat crazy given that the gun cost $900. He was going to custom machine and heat treat a stainless shoulder which seems unnecessary even though I have a thin barrel (9/16-24 threads should leave a shoulder). Nice guy, very helpful on the phone, and amazing looking and high-tech work, but I really just need a simple cut & thread without bells & whistles.

I dropped my rifle off at Arctic Ammo in Palmer mid-April and had to pick it up in August after three + months because it wasn't done yet and hunting season was here. They are backed-up beyond belief, but at least they quoted me a reasonable $150.

I haven’t had a chance. I’ve been super busy working all summer. It’s one of those projects I put on the back burner for the time being. 700 is pretty steep for what I’m looking to do also. The rifle I was gonna cut has a fairly thick barrel so it probably wouldn’t need a custom made shoulder I would think. Sounds like hawks is the place to call.