Ammo

I reload, just bought 2lbs of one of my go to powder at local gun store. Been looking for several weeks, Now have 10lbs, good to go. Stocked up on primers last year, have about 6000.

and R is for.......REDNECK

I got 4 boxes of my hunting ammo recently on gunbroker, expensive but whats the alternative....not be able to rifle hunt?

Also used ammoseek to get some bulk 9mm and .223. Do the prices suck? Yes, but again whats the alternative? Spending countless time & energy trying to find it in the stores seems silly to me (And maybe more expensive in long run). I decided I wanted shooting/practice ammo for the year w/o dipping into my stash, so I sucked it up and bought some. A couple buddies laughed, but again what are you gonna do just not shoot your guns anymore???

Not one round of ammo for sale in my town of 100,000 other than for range use only @ the local range and that is very limited calibers.

How many guys do you think will go hunting this year with poorly sighted in rifles because they didn’t have the ammo to spare to correctly sight in their rifle?

Also, how many guys are going to go hunting with bullets that are less than ideal for the game they’re hunting for just because they bought the only bullets they could find?

I know these two points I’m questioning happen every year, but I bet there are more animals wounded this year because of the ammo shortage.

I’m not a black powder guy, but are there shortages as far as that stuff is concerned too?

I have a bunch of 30-06 I have been trying to sell...hornady Superformance interbond (not interlock), precision hunter, maybe some sst.

I just ordered some federal 30-06 and 6.5cm direct from them.

Ordered direct from who? Hornady? Can you do that now?

How many guys do you think will go hunting this year with poorly sighted in rifles because they didn’t have the ammo to spare to correctly sight in their rifle?

Also, how many guys are going to go hunting with bullets that are less than ideal for the game they’re hunting for just because they bought the only bullets they could find?

I know these two points I’m questioning happen every year, but I bet there are more animals wounded this year because of the ammo shortage.

I’m not a black powder guy, but are there shortages as far as that stuff is concerned too?
No more than usual. All the ammo is going somewhere, if they can't take the initiative now to find ammo for this fall I don't have any sympathy for them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just look at ammo seek all the time. You will eventually catch something in stock that's a fairly reasonable price. Be prepared to order as fast as you can before it all gets purchased

Where is everyone getting ammo? At this point its no use to even apply for tags! I am looking for .243, .257 Weatherby, 30-06

I added some more to my thread.

Now, perhaps this year, in not the time to be messing around with a (new) rifle or putting on a new scope.

If you have a rifle already sighted and nothing has changed since you last shot it, shouldn't need to go out and run a box through it before you go.

Bigger threat may be the state you plan on hunting. Anyone thinking about applying for NM, better keep an eye on it. This legislative session is running amok with stupidity...

Now, perhaps this year, in not the time to be messing around with a (new) rifle or putting on a new scope.

My summer range plans have changed. Was gonna start testing out a couple of the new Enduron powders. Not now, at least with my good hunting rifle. I still have quite a few rounds left of the box I loaded and tested last year.

Fortunately I have a couple other guns that I have enough components to mess with and that will satisfy my range time.

Back