Ammo coming back ?

h2so4

WKR
Yep, primers are the issue for the entire supply chain at the moment. Manufacturers can’t get them, which is the bottle neck for everyone.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
High prices and limiting purchase quantities is having an effect. Primers...you do what you gotta do if you really need them. Seeing prices raised 50% to 100% on the mainstream sites, and then limit of 1. Pretty much $100 per 1000 if you gotta ship them, IF they're available.

fatbacks

WKR
Higher be prices but my local sportsman’s warehouse had tons of ammo today. Handgun and rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hunt eat repeat
Went to the local shop today and found Winchester 25/20 ammo. Couldn’t believe my eyes. That is the last thing I expected to find. By my excitement went away pretty fast when I saw the price. $91 a box!!! The owner was busy talking to someone but I was going to ask him if he was totally gouging people on that or if it’s really going for that. That’s gun broker prices. I saw midway actually has it for close to the same price.

Sample of one but my local gun store had ammo in every common defensive caliber and several decent hunting rounds. Their gun inventory is back to par with prepanic levels with very few exceptions.

after gouging for several months, the owner seemed happy to see me. First time I have been there in over a year when there were more employees than customers on a Friday afternoon.

If a retailer shop or online sells someone ammo at a reasonable price that person can turn around and sell for the much higher going rate on GB. So, why should MidwayUSA or your local shop sell it for less than the going rate? It would be like a car dealer selling for $100 over dealer cost when every other dealer is selling for +++ over dealer cost for the same car due to high demand. It is not realistic to expect the retailers to sell at much lower, if at all, compared to the going rate for ammo (same for primers).
I had accumulated a lot of 38 Special about 15 years ago when I carried a J-frame revolver and practiced a lot and also shot a 357 lever rifle with 38's. As time moved on, so did I and wound up not even owning a 38 Special firearm. Never knew what do with all the 38 ammo that had been stored. This past winter I put it all on GB. Started the auctions at either 1 cent or at just below what I paid for the ammo 15 years ago. All of it sold for nearly a dollar a round. That's not my fault. That's how an auction works; the buyer sets the price. If any of it had actually sold for close to the 1 cent per 500 round lots I had on there, so be it, the money I used to buy the ammo was long gone and forgotten by me. But the buyers set the price about 99 cents a round higher. So, oh well. You can call that gouging or whatever you want.

It's more that demand has sharply fallen off with everyone actually traveling for a summer vacation, which is what normally happens in this industry, the good ole summer slump. So prices have fallen a little bit and things are slowly accumulating on shelves. But I'm certainly not getting more from our distributors, in fact a lot less in the past two weeks.

When school starts in September and people sit back at their computers and hunting season is looming large I'm sure some serious panic will set in once again.

WCB

WKR
Yep, primers are the issue for the entire supply chain at the moment. Manufacturers can’t get them, which is the bottle neck for everyone.
Sort of....Manufacturers that don't make their own primers are having a hard time getting them or at least ones that don't make high volumes of ammo.