American made

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
I personally love my rocky sv2. They are made in the USA. Got time through ruck marches and a tour in the army In the mountains so I picked up a pair in sage green on clearance for my elk trip.

Berry compliant boots is a good search as that’s the DOD mandate that DOD money gets spent on American made gear.

I have a thread in here on the Danner Thorofare boots. Similar to the Italian/Chinese made Kenetreks and Crispi boots but made in USA. So far so good.

Last edited:

22lr

WKR
Another vote for the Rocky S2V series, they are great boots for what they are! Had my first pair for 3 years until I finally blew em out right behind the steel toe (had to wear em for the job). I was pretty pumped to have em for that long, and particularly for steel toe boots they were pretty darn comfy! Right now you can get smoking deals on the sage green and sand color ones. The good part of tactical boots, there are lots of American made options. And if your not a poor soul that has to wear steel toes... there are a lot of really nice lightweight options out there now.

Maybe not the best option for hiking, but it's hard to wear your nice civilian hiking boots on a ruck march and not have a rather pissed off NCO 5 inches from your face... They don't seem to appreciate dark leather color tones...

Kind of off the original topic but I picked up a could of s2v jackets from Rocky a couple years back for roughly $10 a piece on clearance and they are two of the best synthetic down jackets I’ve ever owned.

Jbehredt

WKR
Keen has a made in USA collection. I’ve got a pair that are now discontinued, look a lot like the current “Braddock”. Have held up very well for years.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
People usually have a love em' or hate em' opinion of them, but I love my Danner Mountain Light. They have a deep heel cup, great for skinny feet. Inserts will be needed for sure. For just regular hiking or backpacking they are great and last decades. They aren't sheep hunting boots.

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
I hike in my danner US made "combat" boots (in the desert so they work for the area when predator hunting). super comfortable and rebuildable. Not all Danners are US made so make sure you check the labels.