Amazon deliveries?

Weldor

WKR
Anyone notice that their amazon orders are going to the post office? I order from them to get it delivered to the house not the post office 20 miles away. I ordered a table and they sent it to the po what gives? been that way last 5 or 6 orders? I guess I'll move on to ups delivery for the web and no more Amazon. 40 mile round trip not fun.

Jimmy

WKR
Maybe you live too far away and they're like "naw, this is good enough"

I still get mine to the house, but for a while they went through a doorbell ringing phase. Never the same driver though. And they make turns like it's just the most difficult thing in the world to do.

Sled

WKR
Sounds like surepost. They've been doing that for years. Typically USPS takes it the last mile but if they don't go to your door normally then it ends up at the post office.

Maybe the table was too big to fit in the delivery vehicle? Our local Post Office employee uses her personal vehicle which is a small SUV (Honda Pilot).

Tod osier

WKR
Anyone notice that their amazon orders are going to the post office? I order from them to get it delivered to the house not the post office 20 miles away. I ordered a table and they sent it to the po what gives? been that way last 5 or 6 orders? I guess I'll move on to ups delivery for the web and no more Amazon. 40 mile round trip not fun.
Our packages here in WY come in an Amazon truck from salt Lake city daily and are dropped of at the post office. Rarely, I'll get an Amazon ups delivery. This is a new thing and often causes me the same issues.

CorbLand

WKR
With the rise in stuff getting taken off peoples porches, I wouldnt be surprised to see this become more and more common. I live in a very safe area and we are seeing it more and more.

Kind of amazing how fast things can change. 20 years ago and you would have been talking about how amazing it was that they even go it that close. In high school, I use to do some work for a dude that lived in a small mountain town during the summer. UPS only came up there once a week. They would hold your package about 1.5 hours away and I think it was Wednesday that they made the trip. It would all get dropped off at one of the gas stations in the area. If you wanted or needed your stuff faster, you could have it shipped to a grocery store about 45 minutes away. They went there daily.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Ours come both ways, Amazon or po. Seems like a lot of small stuff comes po and especially if it comes on Sunday.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Yeah, I thought the same thing but there’s an Amazon truck up here all day. No worries about porch pirates. It’s a ranch gate. They use to drop them at the gate till about 2 weeks ago. Wife says she read they are going to be doing it because it is cheaper for them. Still don’t get it when I see the Amazon truck go by the front pasture 20 times a day. Makes no sense to me. But what do I know.

If this is new in your area you are lucky. I delivered more Amazon packages than USPS ones when I worked for the Post Office. UPS and USPS "trade" packages off all the time for deliveries in my area. It also depends on how far you are from an Amazon hub. They just put a new one in 40 miles away, so we will likely see more delivered by Amazon contract drivers, which sucks. I would rather have UPS deliver them.

I also experienced something interesting today with Amazon packages… we just moved to a new house in a much quieter and safer suburb. Amazon driver just handed me the package, no picture required! Weird!

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
I like the new delivery notice's also, Delivery attempted, sorry we missed you. will try again. No delivery attempted I was working out front all day. No notice in the mail box, I just don't get it. Can't see what changed. Like I said I believe I'm done with Amazon.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Update, new notice this morning" fed ex will deliver by 8pm today" What happened to USPS yesterday? Delivery is late, don't care to much about that. Fed ex instead of amazon delivery truck? I think their system is broke or their compentence level has really tanked.

Erebor

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe you live too far away and they're like "naw, this is good enough"

I still get mine to the house, but for a while they went through a doorbell ringing phase. Never the same driver though. And they make turns like it's just the most difficult thing in the world to do.
Not worth the stress.

Elkbelch

FNG
The only issue is the Amazon packages are all opened or have a hole torn in them for the past few years. Never missing but someone is defiantly shopping at work just haven't found it yet

Rich M

WKR
We either get lifted or usps delivers our stuff to the wrong place more and more.

Have my stuff sent to my work.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
I know what you mean, even our small local post office they are telling people their having problems getting packages delivered to the right address if at all. Took them a week plus to locate my " lost mail".

Wheels

WKR
I placed an Amazon order that shows its being delivered by UPS, been "arriving late" for over a week one.
They're all bad now, but USPS seems to be the worst.

hunterjmj

WKR
UPS still delivers Amazon to our house. We have a great driver and never had an issue. Anything usps is 3-5 days late. If they say a Monday delivery you can almost count on a Thursday delivery. USPS is the slowest for us.