Altra Arrows

Anyone using them? I recently grabbed a dozen 350’s to try out in place of my GT 340’s and I am impressed! My already tight groups have improved slightly. Which I didn’t think was possible. I look forward to hunting with them in September. Any comments?

Levi Morgan left Easton to join Altra. So, they got a big boost in the market place.

Gold tip, he was with GT for around 20 years.

They seem to be well made shafts, have been hard to get since they came out, limited sizes available.

They have been very popular in the target world, everyone claims they shoot better. I dunno. I do know a couple people who shot a new personal best round with them shortly after switching, but placebo effect is real too.

Zac

WKR
I’ve used the .166s. Got them for cheap so tried them out. Components are actually pretty good, but I would never hunt with them. The titanium option should fix this however. Haven’t had any flyers with fletched shafts, and broadhead tuning was a breeze. I shot a bunch of the bare shafts at 40, and they probably hit in a basketball sized group. I screwed around with turning nocks a little but got tired of it because it was a useless pursuit. No real complaints though.

sndmn11

WKR
Anyone using them? I recently grabbed a dozen 350’s to try out in place of my GT 340’s and I am impressed! My already tight groups have improved slightly. Which I didn’t think was possible. I look forward to hunting with them in September. Any comments?

I've shot them since August of last year and still do. I have 23s, .166s, and .246 and they have exceeded my expectations in durability. Because of the .166 insert design, I am still on the first dozen by just replacing the collar. I've only broken 23s and .246 by shooting steel plates or rebar, and only broken the .166 by hitting the back end of a shaft with another broad head.

They are made in China if that matters to you, and they are heavier in gpi for the .166 than I think most like.

OR Archer

WKR
The shafts are decent. The components however are not in my opinion good. If you can’t shoot them into a bag target for fear of bending them then you have a design problem. If they can fix that problem I wouldn’t have a problem recommending them. Until then I won’t nor will I continue to stock them.

Zac

WKR
The shafts are decent. The components however are not in my opinion good. If you can’t shoot them into a bag target for fear of bending them then you have a design problem. If they can fix that problem I wouldn’t have a problem recommending them. Until then I won’t nor will I continue to stock them.
I would like to see them offer the titanium component with shafts. They are charging 60 for the shitty aluminum ones, and the batch of 12 runs 160. So I think they could offer the titanium components with the shafts for 200. 🤷‍♂️

Gold tip, he was with GT for around 20 years.

They seem to be well made shafts, have been hard to get since they came out, limited sizes available.

They have been very popular in the target world, everyone claims they shoot better. I dunno. I do know a couple people who shot a new personal best round with them shortly after switching, but placebo effect is real too.
yes sorry Gold Tip. I was just looking at some Easton stuff when I was typing. brainfart.

sndmn11

WKR
Welp? Too bad they are made in China
If I were byuing arrows today and not getting freebies, I would grab Easton 6.5 and not worry about much. You don't have to deal with micro inserts, USA made, you can go silly inexpensive or very straight, there are heavy inserts if you are into that, the factory nocks are ok, and a wide range of spines.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Welp? Too bad they are made in China
The best arrows I've shot were made in China. Trophy Ridge Crush 300's.....unfortunately they stopped making them. Great accuracy and incredible durability. I still have my original dozen from 2008. The only reason I stopped shooting them was when I went up in draw weight and needed .200 spine. But I shot those arrows for almost 8 years back when I was shooting 1000's of arrows a year.

If I tried the Altra's I'd want the .204's in .001" straightness. Those are about the same price I paid for RIP TKO shafts.

TheTone

WKR
The best arrows I've shot were made in China. Trophy Ridge Crush 300's.....unfortunately they stopped making them. Great accuracy and incredible durability. I still have my original dozen from 2008. The only reason I stopped shooting them was when I went up in draw weight and needed .200 spine. But I shot those arrows for almost 8 years back when I was shooting 1000's of arrows a year.

If I tried the Altra's I'd want the .204's in .001" straightness. Those are about the same price I paid for RIP TKO shafts.
Didn’t those trophy ridge arrows have like a one piece insert and collar component? I remember seeing them online when they were new but don’t think I ever saw one in person

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Didn’t those trophy ridge arrows have like a one piece insert and collar component? I remember seeing them online when they were new but don’t think I ever saw one in person
No, they came with horrible aluminum outserts. I put HIT's in mine, but they only fit in the nock end of the arrows so I shoot them label forward......LOL. I also sanded off that glossy shiny coating they put on them. The sun shined off that coating like a mirror. So they were a lot more work, but once they were done they were fantastic.