Alpacka Raft Size/Model Help

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to pick up an Alpacka raft but am looking for input on size. I'm 6'3 and 230lbs... This raft will be a pack raft in the truest sense. Main use would be backpacking in and fishing alpine lakes but I'd also like the ability to float/cross some easy rivers to access some more remote spots.

I'm looking at the Classic in Large, the Caribou, and the Mule. I don't need need any fancy features in the raft itself, just that it floats! They're all within a couple inches of each other in terms of interior length, and about a 1lb spread in weight. I guess it really boils down to whether I would comfortably fit in a 49" interior or if the 52" interior of the Mule would be what I need. Does anyone around my size have any experience in any of the above mentioned rafts?

Htm84

WKR
I had a classic in a large and I’m 6’. It was a hair snug on me. Which is good for doing more whitewater kinda stuff. I’d think for just floating around on lakes you’d probably enjoy the extra leg room on the mule.

OP
A

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I had a classic in a large and I’m 6’. It was a hair snug on me. Which is good for doing more whitewater kinda stuff. I’d think for just floating around on lakes you’d probably enjoy the extra leg room on the mule.

That's helpful, thanks!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m 6’4, I picked the mule. Sucks how expensive and slow they have gotten. When I bought mine it was 900 dollars and I had it in a few weeks, now they are 1300.00 and take like 20 weeks to get.

OP
A

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 6’4, I picked the mule. Sucks how expensive and slow they have gotten. When I bought mine it was 900 dollars and I had it in a few weeks, now they are 1300.00 and take like 20 weeks to get.

They're advertising 4 weeks right now, but I've noticed their ready to ship line has been consistently more out of stock then in...

akbrett

FNG
i’m 6’2 ,would definitely get the mule. how quick do you want it? there’s a local shop around me that has some in stock they might ship to you. unless your in south central Ak, then you could go pick it up.