Alpaca wool is better than merino.....

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes tea , vinegar, Epson salt
warm water and one of the above soak will detoxify your feet from bacteria and fungus , the main reason why feet stink, wool is anti bacterial and fungal which helps , but if your feet are toxic they will still smell
Thank you for the tip.

GoatPackr

WKR
Aside from smell alpaca is far better insulation than Marino wool regardless of what it's used to make.
Kris

I wear Darn Tough socks exclusively, daily. I have a drawer full of them. Never noticed any odor whatsoever. But yep, they do wear out and I send a shipment every year back to Darn Tough on warranty. They issue a credit which I use to order more socks. Can’t ask for better service on a garment. Life customer here.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
I just tried a pair of Alpaca socks and they are fuzzy and worn out looking after one day wearing around the house.

I really can’t imagine these things surviving actual use.

nphunter

WKR
I’ve never had any issues with Darn Tough, over a week in one pair without stinking and i wear them daily and have been for 10+ years. Out of two dozen pairs I bought 10yrs ago I probably still have 15 pairs left. I’ve worn a few holes in them in that time, dogs have chewed them and I’ve lost some. IMO they have far exceeded my expectation of any sock.

I’ve worn Grip6 socks daily now for 3 years. Still in amazing shape. I’ll wear the same pair at least 2 days in a row letting them air out at night. Best socks I’ve ever had and I have darn tough as well and I think Grip6 blow them out of the water. USA made with USA sheep. When hunting, I’ll wear them about 3- 4 days with very little odor at all on day 4.

Radford

FNG
I am gonna have to try alpaca socks now. I’m wearing darn tough socks right now and my feet are sweating just sitting in the recliner. My other 100% wool socks don’t have that problem but I would like to try alpaca.