Alpaca socks experience?

Michael54

WKR
I have a couple pair of altera alpaca socks that i absolutely love for cold weather. They seem to wick moisture significantly better from my extremely sweaty feet than the merino wool socks i have. The downside is they are alot thicker than my darn tough and smartwool socks. Does anyone have any experience with any thinner alpaca socks? If so what brand?

Last edited:

Biminabe

FNG
Subscribed very interested.
+1
BB.jpg

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great post. Socks for the cold never have seemed to be done right like everything else has improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eoperator

WKR
I had a pair used them 1 time washed and dried them now they are to small to fit my kids 🙃

fmyth

WKR
I have a couple pairs. They are super comfortable but wear through quickly. No where near as durable or long lasting as Merino in my experience.

I have a pair. They are thick, and slick (slippery). Don't stay up nearly as well as merino. I'd say great for Christmas morning or Sunday football. I stick with tough as nails Darn Tough merino for the woods.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I have a pair. They are thick, and slick (slippery). Don't stay up nearly as well as merino. I'd say great for Christmas morning or Sunday football. I stick with tough as nails Darn Tough merino for the woods.
I think i have medium weight ones. They are fine in my boots but i can skate on my hardwood floors lol. They just seem to wick better than my merinos

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I found them a little bit slippy, but overall it's a cosy comfy wear, but mainly for around the house. I usually wear thicker socks for my boots, for loafers and sneakers cotton socks are the best option.
My alpaca socks are definitely thicker than my darn toughs or smart wools

bill_eb

FNG
I have a pair of alpaca socks made locally by the cooperative that raises them. Very warm socks - Good for cold weather hunting.