All Purpose Folding Knife

ppreston

FNG
Hi,

Despite owning a number of fixed blades for hunting purposes, I do not have a folding knife. With that said, I have a trip to the BWCA coming up, and I'm curious what the Roksliders are using as their go to folding knives?

Pricing range will be <= $150

Thanks!

Paul

gelton

WKR
I carry the tried and true Benchmade Griptillian for an all purpose knife with a Havalon and four blades for when I get an animal down. I think the Benchmade compliments the Havalon well.

SDHNTR

WKR
Case Copperlock. Scary sharp and easy to resharpen. Slim in the pocket and relatively lightweight. My all time favorite.

OP
P

ppreston

FNG
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks to everybody who responded! It looks like I have a bit of researching to do :)

b.roberts

FNG
Spyderco paramilitary 2 or benchmade McHenry & Williams for edc when not working. I use a spyderco delica for work eveyday. (Cheaper and doesn't make me feel guilty when I abuse it)

boom

WKR
i think it is very odd that my taste in knives changed so much..i used to LOVE all things Benchmade. i think that AXIS lock was such a game changer. i have a BM eliszhwitz that is the absolute bomb. so tough!! gutted a pig with it and it was a big mistake. i had blood/fat/gristle deep in the crevices of that knife. haha..made cutting the office avocado open a weird event..

ended up sending that knife in for service. they put a bushing on the hinge that made it so much more stable and smooth..i honestly didnt know there was a problem.

i also find some of the steels tough to sharpen if i do something dumb and get it way dull. i heard the new HUNT edition folders with the new powdered S30V is much easier to hone with home tools.

NOW? i have a bug up my butt to carry vintage knives. i carry a CASE stockman from the early 70's and an Old Timer from the same vintage. i love the OT because the steel is some carbon steel.

i dig the new but old looking folders that company GEC is putting out.

charvey9

WKR
I have a Benchmade bone collector folder. If you are looking for a good budget knife check out the CRKT M-21, it is my new everday carry knife.

For hunting I'm carrying the Lone Wolf folder. Good sharp blade and with some work can be found under $40.