Alec Baldwin shooting

She said she was surprised they made her the armorer because she knew nothing about guns.

No she didn’t. This was the second movie that she was the armorer. Before her first movie she apparently said she wasn’t sure she was ready. She learned from her father who was apparently one of the most experienced in the industry according to the news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Perhaps those actors and actresses that don't take their craft seriously when it comes to gun training and safety do so on purpose so they can claim ignorance when stuff like this happens.

Some of the other comparisons that I have read on here are way off. The closest I could think of would be if I was a green hunter and using a guide. If I shot someone or even the wrong animal, would it be my fault, the gun bearer’s fault, the guide’s fault, or the gun’s fault? Just because this is hollywood and it’s supposed to be fake, why should baldwin get a pass? He was the trigger puller and the producer, so he was the enabler and the person who intimately pulled the trigger. Folks ask why politics get involved in these types of threads. Well, if it were you or I, we would for sure be spending time behind bars. That’s why! It may not have been intentional, but I’m sure most people that drive their cars drunk and kill someone, don’t have the intention of killing someone either. He likely won’t be prosecuted. He’ll likely give some grand pity party and use this to further his anti-gun argument. I hope the victim’s family sues his socks off.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Some of the other comparisons that I have read on here are way off. The closest I could think of would be if I was a green hunter and using a guide. If I shot someone or even the wrong animal, would it be my fault, the gun bearer’s fault, the guide’s fault, or the gun’s fault? Just because this is hollywood and it’s supposed to be fake, why should baldwin get a pass? He was the trigger puller and the producer, so he was the enabler and the person who intimately pulled the trigger. Folks ask why politics get involved in these types of threads. Well, if it were you or I, we would for sure be spending time behind bars. That’s why! It may not have been intentional, but I’m sure most people that drive their cars drunk and kill someone, don’t have the intention of killing someone either. He likely won’t be prosecuted. He’ll likely give some grand pity party and use this to further his anti-gun argument. I hope the victim’s family sues his socks off.
Simple answer, your fault, it's up to you the shooter to make sure you have positive ID on your target. Like the drunk driver, when you handle a firearm the potential for bad things to happen exist. Like I said before in this thread, everyone who handle that gun have to be held accountable. To what extent, that is up to the DA to determine.

WKR
So ya'll expect an actor to personally verify each round is a blank, on each weapon they handle, each time?

A single revolver, ok, no big deal.

Does the same rule apply to Keanu (or any actor) in an action film featuring a dozen(s) semi automatic guns, each with high capacity magazines? The actor would be hand inspecting and loading hundreds if not thousands of rounds, in dozens of magazines, several times a day for some of these scenes, and then required to keep each magazine in their direct custody at all times...

That sounds completely reasonable... /s

Spoonman

WKR
So ya'll expect an actor to personally verify each round is a blank, on each weapon they handle, each time?

Does the same rule apply to Keanu (or any actor) in an action film featuring a dozen(s) semi automatic guns, each with high capacity magazines? The actor would be hand inspecting and loading hundreds if not thousands of rounds, in dozens of magazines, several times a day for some of these scenes, and then required to keep each magazine in their direct custody at all times...

Yes I do, then we wouldn’t have a thread on this topic or dead/injured people. It’s actually not hard to look at the ammo in your firearm. If you think it is then you probably shouldn’t own a firearm or handle one.

WKR
Who would be responsible if a drug manufacturer put the wrong medication in a syringe. The doctor injects said medication into the patient and the patient dies?

That whole direct custody thing wouldn’t work. All the times he took other actors guns and ammo, and then shot folks in the head at point blank range. How would he make sure every magazine he was going to take from every other actor only contained dummy rounds.

Speaking of the night club scene of John Wick, of most any gun play scene of that movie.

Last edited:

Spoonman

WKR
Who would be responsible if a drug manufacturer put the wrong medication in a syringe. The doctor injects said medication into the patient and the patient dies?
Holy hell are you serious?!?! You are comparing big farma meds to someone holding/discharging a firearm?

So the verification requirement depends on convenience? Visual verification vs chemical have different rules?
These would both actually be visual. One would just take more procedures to get to the point it would be identifiable.

EastMT

WKR
I find it hard to believe with the technology we have today nobody has came up with a fake gun that recoils like a real one. Surely they could come up with a lead weighted spring loaded internal mechanism that would create a recoil!

This would be much easier in an auto, but there’s a lot of room in a big revolver as well. CGI added flame/smoke should be pretty easy as well. Time for these untrained people to play with toys instead of real guns