Alec Baldwin shooting

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Two things to remember, shit runs down hill and celebrities are for the better part are protected by their celebrity status. Just as are politicians.

Same reason Hunter Biden is free. Same reason the Clantons, Hollerey* especially are free. Same reason Nixon was pardoned by Carter......

You been under a rock for a while dude? Is everything OK at home?

*I'm not ready to suicide myself just yet Thank you very much......
The poster listed Alec was least culpable. My reply was to him specifically and not American society.

I do want to thank you for your touching concern about my well being.

WKR
The #1 issue is having live rounds on set. It's a "closed course" for this exact reason. The person or people that had or allowed people to have live ammo in that environment is/are primarily responsible for this death.

ODB

WKR
The crew were target practicing in their down time. That is what has been reported. Just like everything it is now a wait and see.
This blows my mind - just consider the logic: "Hey, I;ve got an idea... in between takes where we shoot blanks at each other, let's take those guns out and shoot some real ammunition from them, then after we are finished, we'll go back to shooting the blanks on set - who's with me??"

260madman

WKR
There’s some people here that are certainly passing the buck. One username certainly fits.

After what Baldwin has said over the years I hope he’s charged. Negligent homocide is what happened.

I hand my 13yo daughter a gun and i Tell her it’s unloaded so what does she do? Checks to make sure it is. We were shooting a few weeks ago and she flicked the safety off on her AR, and her finger was in by the trigger. I told her stop and redo the motions. She wasn’t happy but it’s all muscle memory. I made her do it 3 times before giving her the go ahead to shoot. Complacency kills and it won’t be on my watch but obviously Baldwin was complacent.

Last thing, who the F##k let’s crew members shoot with prop guns on set? WTF? The guns should only be used for the movie and locked up if not being used. I wish I had a name so I could be an armorer that wasn’t comfortable with guns, Nepotism and diversity hires.

Button

WKR
Hollywood California flakes with guns. It’s to be expected. I have no idea who the actor is.

TheGDog

WKR
He'll walk... you kiddin' me? They way they all "loved" his... *ahem*... insulting (of anybodies intelligence) "impersonation" of Trump on SNL?

Sheeeiiiit... look how soon they forgot about how he went off on his own grown-@$$ daughter like a deranged psycho mad-man over vmail! Real quick you heard no more about that isht.

Very first thought that came to my mind when I found out about the shooting? Well.. must be his fault.. because errbody and their Mama knows the first thing you do when somebody hands you a firearm is YOU confirm whether it's loaded or not, you DO NOT Trust what anybody else tells you!

The second thought I had when I heard about the Alec Baldwin shooting was, "Ah damn, sounds like they missed." (Since he was still alive. Smug arrogant @sshole)

DZurf14

FNG
I agree with your comments 100%.

Additionally, it always irks me when I see vocal anti-gun actors making a bazillion bucks playing a variety of roles with guns in their hands, blasting people away as part of their money making character...and now we know at least one who apparently didn't know much if anything about firearm safety, and apparently relied on the "expertise" of others...so he now may be portrayed as also a victim of evil guns.
Didn’t you hear? They’re talking about banning guns in movies now! Problem solved? Who could’ve predicted it would ever happen to the elites who care more about optics than learning about the tools they vilify. I sincerely hope their idiocy loses them hundreds millions of dollars

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
It’s not that hard to check or ask to be shown whether a gun is loaded. Case and point, I read an article earlier today quoting an actor on another show (which ironically films at the same site in NM where this incident occurred) and he said that a gun’s condition is demonstrated to them by the armorer and they actors check it themselves every time they are handed a weapon on stage.
Yep, gun safety 101.

My partners buddy is on that Seal team cast. He has hunted with us and knows his way around firearms as his family owns a ranch.
I asked him about the other ‘SEALs’ in the cast. He says their armorer trains them not only on how to handle the weapons to look like real operators but also gun safety and weapons clearing.
All weapons are checked…then double checked.

TheGDog

WKR
One of the funniest Twitter comments I’ve seen;

“Wouldn’t it be ironic if SNL invited Trump on to play Alec Baldwin”
Oh hell yeah! If he did? Betcha he'd earn a sh!t-ton of respect from folks that might be on the fence about him!

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Alec Baldwin fan here. I don’t agree with all his politics but like his fIlms.

have been in LA around some “entertainment“ people the last few days that I have known for years back to when I played a little bit in proximity to the movie industry. Most very left leaning anti gun. Lots of spirited discussion about this.

I asked one lady that thought Baldwin should be charged if she would feel the same if he was driving a car on set and the brakes failed, would she charge him? it would be a hard ask to expect an actor to inspect the car Brakes, right? Film sets are complex. Lots of moving parts for even small films. Through in guns, pyrotechnics, moving vehiles, mechanical set pieces and there are a lot of things that could hurt or kill you on a movie set. No way the guy in front of the camera is responsible for all that. The responsibility was primarily the armorer and it sounds like she was a dumpster fire. Maybe the Assitant director or some others could be blamed. You might be able to run that all the way up the flag pole to the producers since theRE seems to have been some signs that the armorer was incompetent that were ignored. IMO there is no way an actor can be held responsible for for the final check on a firearm. I would go so far as to say that idea is flawed because most of them aren’t expert enough to perform the checks. Maybe for a cowboy revolver but imagine if they hand Keanu reeves all the 6 guns he’s going to shoot in a John wick scene and say “it’s your job” or if they ask Arnold to clear and check that minigun he uses In the terminator. NO way that is on the actor. There are people on the set whose only job is handling the weapons and there are other people to oversee those people.
I’m calling BS on this one. When you handle a gun, whatever happens with that gun while it’s in your hands is on you. Period.