Alaskan guide tent

Scottf270

WKR
Spent time on Kodiak in one and in unit 18 moose hunting. Good tents. Survived the typhoon this September. Had a fiberglass pole split and one broke a cord. All the movement caused a rip in the fly. Taped pole up thru the hole and made a patch outta ripped up canopy tarp. But we survived.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Curious how the recent quality is? Interested in buying one but concerned that bass pro takeover has ruined the quality.

OP
F
I’m sweating. It’s easier to set up alone then fold away into the bag.

I get nervous those pole pins on the corners will
Puncture the tent when rolling it up.
3E257633-9F60-4B8B-9F6A-D5CD50E4596C.jpeg

MT257

WKR
Hmm wonder if I can order aluminum ones
You can from tent pole technologies. I've called Cabelas before about replacement poles, was referred to them. Was gonna order aluminum ones, but they said if they made a set they would cost more than the tent. I had them make some replacement fiberglass poles, quality product and fair price for the fiberglass.

We bought ours in the bargain cave at Cabelas about 20 years ago. I have the 8 man version with aluminum poles. Think I paid $230 for it. It is a bomb proof tent that has lived thru my kids growing up and been used a lot for everything but hunting. Great tents and I would buy again if they are the same.

Clarktar

WKR
I just got the 8 man on FB marketplace for $200

Wasn’t really looking for one but I couldn’t pass it up
Well, if you ever want to send it down the road let me know!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk