Alaskan Adventure for a Southern Man... Photo Heavy

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Great stuff man!!! A haul road caribou hunt would be a blast sometime!!! Thanks for sharing the pic

bz_711

WKR
Very well done...great pics and story! Very anxious to hear about your Moose trip...

-Is the haul road hunt an "any weapon" hunt or is it archery only while you were there?
-If you were to advise someone from the lower 48, which would you suggest doing first the Caribou or Blacktail in AK?

Thanks for sharing!

OP
TEmbry

TEmbry

WKR
Very well done...great pics and story! Very anxious to hear about your Moose trip...

-Is the haul road hunt an "any weapon" hunt or is it archery only while you were there?
-If you were to advise someone from the lower 48, which would you suggest doing first the Caribou or Blacktail in AK?

Thanks for sharing!

Haul road is archery only for five miles in either direction of the road. You can go with a rifle, if you are cool with serious hiking and get a wild hair. It's essentially an archery only hunt. As for blacktails vs this trip it's a toss up man. I enjoyed them equally but to share this with one of my oldest friends on his first hunt like this I think I enjoyed this one more.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, it's good to share successes and failures with others.

Stid2677

WKR
What a cool trip to do with your best friend. The haul road can be one of the best hunts for your money, if you do it like you guys did. I love it up there and the road is like a river, different every trip.

Thanks for letting me tag along.

Steve

grnhd

FNG
Man that looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing. That makes me want to try something like that with my son one day.