Alaska vacation with wife, backcountry

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
On the flight in from a drop hunt last fall I asked our pilot if he could set up a summer trip. My wife is a teacher and thus has not been able to see “my Alaska” on fall trips.

I gave her the trip for Christmas. We went the last week of July. 5 days dropped in the western Alaska Range, then a few days in Homer doing tourist stuff.

We had a great trip. She loved it. Highly recommend for any of you that are similarly blessed with an adventurous partner.

The stress and cost of a deal like this is way lower for the passenger and the transporter compared to hunting season.

Yes there were bugs. No they weren’t an issue. We both had head nets but never put them on. We did use a Thermacell around camp.

951cafa7b89c451e41597184d632784c.jpg

e422e489198ae9bdff36fec740aa3075.jpg

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Wow a great trip man. And to be blessed to be able to do it with your wife, best friend is even better

AKDoc

WKR
Very, very well done sir!

I share those same values, but a bit different application. My wonderful wife (also a teacher) loves the adventure of living up here, but she also loves being on the beach in the sun. Over the years we've been to Hawaii more times than I can count, but I do remember it was three times in '21 :ROFLMAO: