Alaska guide creation ?

gman82001

WKR
I need a bit more room for my binos that than my large kuiu has and im thinking of trying one of the kryptec cases from the store on here. My only concern is it looks like its mad of the same material as the fhf i had. I loved it but felt it was too noisy when brush rubbed against it. I haven't seen any noise complaints on the acg but I would like some feedback before I place an order for another pouch. Thanks

CoHiCntry

WKR
I recently bought one, used it this week on a mule deer hunt and never noticed it being noisy. I was never in thick brush though. One thing the owner Jaret mentioned when I was ordering mine was the one in "true timber" (I think that's what it was?), is made of a softer material and less noisy. He said it's a popular choice with bow hunters. You might give him a call and ask about it?

OP
G

gman82001

WKR
Will do ..... What's your opinion of it? Have you used any other brands you can compare it too. I find lots of opinions from people on each companies pack but no actual comparisons from people who owned different kinds

CoHiCntry

WKR
I really like it. I had both the KUIU and AGC and liked the AGC much better. Lots of different opinions though. I think it's all personal preference. There's been several threads on the subject you could probably search and find. In fact there's one in the backpacking section right now that has some good info.

colonel00

WKR
I like mine but maybe for a different reason. I used one this year on a couple trips and I really like the idea of having essentials all in one kit that I always had with me. Aside from the binos I could carry my rangefinder in the front pocket, inReach/GPS in the top elastic strap, headlamp in one side pocket and a lighter & fire starter in the other side. In the back I carried extra rounds, my license and tags and a map at times.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The AK is not made of the same material as the FHF (CORDURA).

I've beat the piss out of mine (it was a prototype of their original) and my favorite by far.

OP
G

gman82001

WKR
Ok that's awesome to know I ordered one Friday evening from the RS store so hopefully ill be using it soon. Thanks everyone

boom

WKR
I had an older one. I didn't like to wear a separate neck strap for security.

I went scouting yesterday and hiked hard. I wore my binos on a regular strap cross shoulders. Pretty comfy. I might ditch all my chest pouches.

Last year I had a mulie hear my FHF at 70 yards. It was a bummer. :)

OP
G

gman82001

WKR
I had an older one. I didn't like to wear a separate neck strap for security.

I went scouting yesterday and hiked hard. I wore my binos on a regular strap cross shoulders. Pretty comfy. I might ditch all my chest pouches.

Last year I had a mulie hear my FHF at 70 yards. It was a bummer. :)

I loved the fhf but the first elk hunt this year all I could hear was the branches scraping on it ... It may of been more in my head but it seemed crazy loud.... I'm going to try the agc as is but already have a mod planned to attach a strap like the fhf had that connected to the binos from the top strap

FHF was too loud for me (for bowhunting). FHF blew it on a big bull for me at 50 yards.

I now have a KUIU which rocks. Very sleek and quiet.

I recently got a Alaskan guide compact. I like the protection it offers for the Binos. I plan to use this for scouting, shed hunting and most other stuff. But planned to use the KUIU for my bowhunts.

OP
G

gman82001

WKR
I got it yesterday and am really impressed so far. It's bigger than the others I've tried but not as big as I feared. It's louder than the kuiu but not nearly as loud as the fhf. I'll be using it a bunch this weekend chasing whitetail so hopefully its going to be what I'm looking for

kodiakfly

WKR
Nah, the noisiness isn't a factor. So much, that I've never noticed it. I love mine, in that I can put binos in it, a knife, some basic survival gear and it rides very well.