Alaska DIY Moose RECAP 2022

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
...I'm trying to get all my hunts in now while I'm young. I see so many people saving for retirement and then not being able to do what they've always wanted to do because their body isn't able. I may never retire but I plan on having a lot of great memories and stories to tell when I'm an old man HAHA....
Well said and good strategy. I'm thankful to have been raised on a farm....I learned to work hard, play hard, and enjoy life. I have never lived for retirement.

WMR

FNG
Great write up and thanks for sharing. Glad to hear it went well again. Two dream hunts, really. Congratulations.

roymunson

WKR
That's the kind of 2 week window in your life that may be as good as it gets. Some day when you're old and fading, you'll remember this trip. That's fantastic man.

You did a great job documenting it too.

nobody

WKR
Love it! Hoping to make an adventure like this happen sooner rather than later, being the young buck I am. I've got more time and health than money right now, but I know one day it'll change. Kudos for you for making it happen a few times, and thanks for sharing!

That is awesome I remember reading about the last hunt you went on great job with the write up!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Robinhood21
Love it! Hoping to make an adventure like this happen sooner rather than later, being the young buck I am. I've got more time and health than money right now, but I know one day it'll change. Kudos for you for making it happen a few times, and thanks for sharing!
You can do it now you just have to be resourceful. For that first trip I did just about any side job I could find to scrape money together. I didn't want to use money from my regular 9-5 income so I relied on other avenues. I mowed my neighbors lawn, catered every event I had the opportunity for (I used to be a chef), I bought and sold things, etc. If you want it, you'll be amazed how fast you can make it happen.

OP
Robinhood21
I want to hunt with you. You've gone on exactly 2 diy moose hunts and every one of your hunting partners has killed a bull! You must speak good cow. 😃
That's funny, I guess I never realized that... TONS of preparation and a little luck never hurts ;)