Alaska Brown Bear Hunt

OP
B

bearguide

robert hanneman filmed for nosler magnum tv

OP
D

david long

bearguide.....Nate Simmons has expressed an interest in filming the hunt. Nate and I always have a great time hunting together so I hope we can work out the details and make it happen.

Backcountry....count on it! I will take tons.

OP
B

bearguide

i think a bear hunt is one hunt you can definitly film with out screwing it up to bad ( if your cameraman is hunt savy ) and it is awesome to have the video. i think everyone here would love to see it

Maxhunter

WKR
Your'e going to have a blast I went last fall and even though I didn't get a shot it was an adventure. I'm headed back again this fall. Good luck and shoot straight!

OP
D

david long

Maxhunter......where were you hunting? I will be on the peninsula in unit 9.

Maxhunter

WKR
Maxhunter......where were you hunting? I will be on the peninsula in unit 9.

I hunted unit 9 late October the last silver salmon run. It was about a 25 minute flight from Kenai. We saw lots of sign and fresh tracks everywhere. We had one come by the tent at 10 feet one morning just before we got up. My guide said it was about a 9 footer. You could hear him sloshing all the way across the river on the sand bar we were camped on. It made for a nice morning wake-up.

Picture of bear tracks minutes after he went by the tent.
BrownPic14.jpg

Bear track along the bank of the river about 150yds from camp.
BrownPic10.jpg

Bear at 220yds. It's about an 8' footer
BrownPic17.jpg

The river we were on.
BrownPic23.jpg

OP
D

david long

Good luck David! You are going to have a awesome time with Bill!

Thanks Robert......It should be fun. I asked Bill if I could bivy out and hunt out of a backpack just like I do muley hunting and he said yes. Because of that, he will be sending Cash Joyce with me as a guide.....I guess he is in extremely good shape and is one hell of a mountain climber.....should make for some awesome memories. Look forward to spending ten days with Cash in search of brownies. The only bummer is I am not sure if my cameraman is gonna make it though.

OP
D

david long

Maxhunter.....thanks for posting up the pics......they are really getting me fired up!

Thanks Robert......It should be fun. I asked Bill if I could bivy out and hunt out of a backpack just like I do muley hunting and he said yes. Because of that, he will be sending Cash Joyce with me as a guide.....I guess he is in extremely good shape and is one hell of a mountain climber.....should make for some awesome memories. Look forward to spending ten days with Cash in search of brownies. The only bummer is I am not sure if my cameraman is gonna make it though.

David, If you get in a bind and need a cameraman let me know.

OP
B

bearguide

robert is a great camera man, and he can haul a lot of weight

OP
D

david long

Lee, the fact that Robert "can haul a lot of weight" is very appealing.......and being a great cameraman is an added bonus:)

Robert.....I will send you an email tomorrow.

OP
R

rebecca francis

That's awesome Blayne! Wow!

David this will be a hunt of a lifetime! Bill is the best there is! And I have hunted with Cash......He is a great guide!

Thx guys. My taxidermist sent me a text last night stating his finished my rug. Can't wait to see my bears hide when it's dried.

OP
D

david long

Blayne.....Awesome pics! Be sure to post up some photos of your rug.

Rebecca......looking forward to hunting with Cash. I leave May 13.....it is getting close!