Alaska Brown Bear Hunt

OP
B

bearguide

got home sunday late, it was a cold trip this year but produced some great bears. david is an incredable shot, and downed a great beautiful bear

OP
D

david long

Thanks guys! Editing the video right now. Hopefully I will have it up on the site in the near future.

bearguide.....Cash gave me an update on what you guys saw after I left...sounds like you saw a couple of good ones...... I will have a care package heading your way this coming week :)

OP
B

bearguide

we seen three bears where you shot yours, one good one we tried to sneek up on. it was hid up in the thick brush where your bear was, and i could not get a clear shot,

OP
D

david long

Sorry guys......forgot all about this thread. I will try to get a little video up once I get situated in the new house. Things have been real busy. The pack performed great except I the extension collar seam come apart on me.......that really worried me but come to find out, the sample pack I had was made differently than the actual production models. No problems at all with the actual production packs!

OP
B

bearguide

was the pack size big enough, or would you go bigger

OP
D

david long

Pack size was more than sufficient, but I would prefer fewer pockets. The Tenzing packs have LOTS of pockets.

cmeier117

WKR
I do like a pack with just a few pockets. Too many and I forget where things are? I would rather have things in little ditty sacks that I can remove if I want too. Did you actually pack out the bear hide in the pack David?

OP
D

david long

Cmeier.....agree 100%

The guide actually packed the hide. I was packing the skull and video camera. Don't think I ever had more than 40 lbs in the pack at any given point.