Alaknak internal frame?

ncstewart

WKR
Just wondering if there is a reason a guy shouldn’t make an internal frame for the 12x12 size? And then if anyone has done it can ya share the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
The problem with wall tents or the Alaknak with the floor sewn in / permanently attached, is assembling the frame inside the tent. Also, having the frame sized large enough to keep the tent tight would be tough. I assume that’s why wall tents typically don’t have the floor sewn in. With wall tents, you assemble the top portion of the frame first, slide the tent over, then insert the legs into the frame.

Mosby

WKR
The problem with wall tents or the Alaknak with the floor sewn in / permanently attached, is assembling the frame inside the tent. Also, having the frame sized large enough to keep the tent tight would be tough. I assume that’s why wall tents typically don’t have the floor sewn in. With wall tents, you assemble the top portion of the frame first, slide the tent over, then insert the legs into the frame.
I would guess this is dead on correct. Internal frame would be difficult with the floor. I like mine just the way it is fwiw. Works well enough for me.

I had bought a wall tent that did have a sewn in floor. It was a pain to set up. I cut the floor out of it, so I agree that you would not want that.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
That’s makes sense and thanks for replying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk