AKA the "Zipper" by Wiser Precision

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
I wish they were cheaper, but for something small and light I can throw in my kill kit I'll give them a shot. I party drew an elk tag on Afognak this year, so i'm curious to see how they will work.

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up 4 at the Portland show! Even if I never use them the weight is not even a penalty. And if I end up in a pinch or something a can't do solo then these would have more than paid for themselves in time savings alone. Maybe a hair spendy, but guys are also spending tons of money on other things that won't last as long or isn't as useful either!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yes i don't remember exactly though-- thinking 600lbs for the bearing and 1500lbs for the casing. Impressive little things.

Definitely more breaking strength than the 550 cord it was designed for.
That's where Amsteel comes through for the win. I was helping at the F4WM booth all weekend and could see Wiser from where I was standing but never got by there. Dangit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does cord not get pinched on the side of the bearing?
The cord diameter(550 paracord) is spread across the rolling surface. Maybe if you used a very narrow cord it might be a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Could these be used to get elk quarters out of grizzly reach by 1 below average human?
If having to throw a line over a branch I'm not smart enough to see how it would work.

Geewhiz

WKR
I'm trying to figure out when someone would need these? I mean I guess they are cool for the sake of having another gadget to post on rokslide, but necessary?? And yes, I have processed/boned/quartered plenty of elk by myself.

twall13

WKR
I'm trying to figure out when someone would need these? I mean I guess they are cool for the sake of having another gadget to post on rokslide, but necessary?? And yes, I have processed/boned/quartered plenty of elk by myself.
If I was doing a solo drop camp moose hunt I'd have some. Otherwise I tend to agree with you. I've processed a few elk by myself and it's doable. Not exactly easy, but doable. I'm not sure I'm at the point where I'd take the time to use these with an elk. That will likely change as I age, but I imagine I'll do less solo elk hunts by then which would lessen the need for these. I'm sure there are other times they could come in handy but knowing myself I'd forget I have them in those situations and not use them anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

westco24

FNG
I was also sucked in when I saw them at WHE. They're awesome. Check out the nite ize aluminum cam jam -cheap at home depot- for another good piece of gear to hold 550 like when pulling elk leg up and hold it without having to tie a knot.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They're definitely cheaper than a PocketOx, but the PO comes fully rigged. It's only money, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk