Airlines- any problems with Al stays?

Beendare

WKR
Has anyone had any issues carrying on a backpack with Aluminum stays?

Up until now i've always used a soft daypack on flights but this next trip wanted to use my pack with 2 Al stays as my carry on. I checked the TSA site and of course it was a bit oblique characterizing everything as a weapon.

Daniel_M

WKR
I wouldn't be concerned. I see packs of all shapes and sizes coming and going out of Anchorage. From diaper bags to packs headed to Denali summit. Just make sure it fits the criteria for a carry-on, that would be your only potential hold-up.

I just traveled with neoprene 1800gr waders in my EXO 3500 two weeks and had no issues on SWA

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
No problems, ive used my Lateseason and old Longhunter, was telling my wife the stays could probably be used as weapons somehow, he, he. Went to NZ in oct. and my brother got through two flights with a case full of fixed blades in his carry on he forgot about, finally got caught at the third check point, makes me wonder about TSA sometimes.

Read somewhere you are headed over here?

MattB

WKR
Ha ha MattB, I guess so cause it was caught on an NZ inter island flight so non U.S.

Hah, hah, my reply was to the original question. On a related note I have a friend who bought a telescoping baton in then Philippines, forgot about it and flew it back to the US in his carry-on, carried it on a round trip flight from SFO to Chicago and back, and then only got caught with it when he was trying to board the next flight at SFO.

I had the TSA pull a knife out of my pack that I accidentally left in there (Southwest airlines checked it of me in a small box free of charge), and find a micro leatherman with a 1-1.25" blade (which I promptly snapped off in a gap in their conveyor) - but they still required me to walk it out and come back through security.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Hah, hah, my reply was to the original question. On a related note I have a friend who bought a telescoping baton in then Philippines, forgot about it and flew it back to the US in his carry-on, carried it on a round trip flight from SFO to Chicago and back, and then only got caught with it when he was trying to board the next flight at SFO.

I had the TSA pull a knife out of my pack that I accidentally left in there (Southwest airlines checked it of me in a small box free of charge), and find a micro leatherman with a 1-1.25" blade (which I promptly snapped off in a gap in their conveyor) - but they still required me to walk it out and come back through security.

I was gonna say they won't miss a little box cutter or pocket knife, he, he.