AICS Mags

Encore4me

FNG
Is it worth the money to convert the Tikka to AICS mags and metal mag wells? Looking at reliability and durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR
Is it worth the money to convert the Tikka to AICS mags and metal mag wells? Looking at reliability and durability.

Whats the necessity? 223? Want more round count? Accurate mags hold 2.55 coal and 10rds. I get that. Want 10 rds from your creed or 260? Many mag options in aics format. Requires inletting your tikke stock, or going aftermarket. Another option is getting a ctr stock, and using ctr dbm and ctr mags, which are really good mags.

I don't think it is worth it. I got one of the Redsnake bottom metals a few years ago so that I could convert without changing the inlet. What I found out was 1) I don't like the magazine hanging down that far (even a 5-rounder) on a gun with a stock, chassis are different and 2) AICS mags rattle in two different ways. First, they rattle in the mag well and second, most of them, when they are not full, allow the cartridges to rattle in the mag.

The factory mag and bottom "metal" are very, very reliable. If you just can't stand the plastic, then upgrade to one of the many aftermarket "standard" bottom metals and use the factory mags, unless you want the absolute longest COAL you can get, then go with one of the many solid aftermarket magazine makers. HCA and UM would be my recommendations.

wyosam

WKR
If you’re looking for reliability/durability, no absolutely not worth the money. If you need 10rd mags and/or longer COAL, there’s an argument to be made. Can switch to factory style bottom metal if the plastic bothers you there. Tikka factory mags work flawlessly.