Affordable elk boots

H

HappyHuntr

Hey guys and gals, Looking for some affordable hunting boots for elk and deer hunting. None of this crazy backwoods stuff thought. I'm 15 and my feet are still growing. Looking <100$. Thanks!

OP
H

HappyHuntr

Hey guys and gals, Looking for some affordable hunting boots for elk and deer hunting. None of this crazy backwoods stuff thought. I'm 15 and my feet are still growing. Looking <100$. Thanks!
Though not thought. :rolleyes:

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
What season? Terrain?

I'd look into a good pair of RAT boots. I've gotten good mileage out of a few pairs, but they aren't flashy and need basic care.

nobody

WKR
Watch for clearance Danners or Rocky's from the big box stores, usually can be had for cheap on most every sale in existence. They won't last like a pair of italian boots, but they'll last long enough as you grow up.

OP
H

HappyHuntr

I cant in good conscience recomend anything in that range but check out REI garage sales, Cabelas bargain cave ect. A lot of times boots are brand new and of real good quality.
Richie Rich. j.k.

@Sam Colt; Where is here?

dtrkyman

WKR
Sierra Trading post has good prices on boots if you know what fits you properly? Otherwise you need to go try some on!

There is a huge boot trading thread here in the classifieds, may want to look there too.

OP
H

HappyHuntr

What season? Terrain?

I'd look into a good pair of RAT boots. I've gotten good mileage out of a few pairs, but they aren't flashy and need basic caw
Western/central washington and montana.

I wore out a few cheap pairs of Danner (high ground $150 at sportsman's) before I could afford higher end boots.

Buying cheap boots ensures you will buy another pair next year which is probably something you will deal with for a few years anyway.

Finding a pair of boots under $100 won't probably happen unless they are used.

We have a used gear consignment store here, you might find something similar in your area.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I do love my Zamberlans, but I don't have picky feet. I've worn a lot of crappy boots over the years while chasing elk and never had any problems........except with a pair of Danner Pronghorns about 15 years ago. I'll hate those boots until the day I die. I wore a pair of $100 Rocky Lynx 800gm thinsulate boots for elk hunting for years, and I liked those boots.

JD Jones

WKR
Richie Rich. j.k.

@Sam Colt; Where is here?
You have a thread about buying a $75 knife. That tells me all I need to know. Take the advice and reallocate your budget. A knife that will get it done is no more than $15.

Do not skimp on your feet. Period. And buy good socks too

OP
H

HappyHuntr

You have a thread about buying a $75 knife. That tells me all I need to know. Take the advice and reallocate your budget. A knife that will get it done is no more than $15.

Do not skimp on your feet. Period. And buy good socks too
Thanks for the input JD, that knife thread was more about making sure guys don’t come in giving me 250$ suggestions. Have the good socks.

WRO

WKR

I don’t know how legit the site is, but that’s a great deal on boots that don’t suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S-3 ranch

WKR
Merrell Moab 2 8" Tactical Waterproof Boot and a 6pack of dickie merino wool stocks , some leg gators to keep the wet out
I use merrell
redwing 400 insulated ( for 40-0* days)

wool socks & thin polyester liner are friends of my feet

crocs for camp