Affordable elk boots

OP
H

HappyHuntr

Merrell Moab 2 8" Tactical Waterproof Boot and a 6pack of dickie merino wool stocks , some leg gators to keep the wet out
I use merrell
redwing 400 insulated ( for 40-0* days)

wool socks & thin polyester liner are friends of my feet

crocs for camp
I was looking at some surplus gaiters. What terrain is that best for?

fmyth

WKR

I donā€™t know how legit the site is, but thatā€™s a great deal on boots that donā€™t suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proceed with caution:
Domain was registered 12/12/2022 and only for 1 year. Owner is in Kualu Lumpur:

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
Once upon a time a walked up and down the mountains of Afghanistan in all 4 seasons with weight on my back I wouldnā€™t dream of today. All in $100 combat boots and cotton socks and never once did I think twice about it.

You can get away with anything when youā€™re young.

Last edited:
Google ā€œ combat hikerā€ several companies produced these for the military. They are decent. Had some issued. Bates, Bellvile, and Danner all made similar ones. Not hard to find under $100 if you look.

Attachments

• 45AF3D0B-D460-4D40-A59B-DBEFE04AF79D.jpeg
    45AF3D0B-D460-4D40-A59B-DBEFE04AF79D.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 15

grfox92

WKR
Sierra regularly has Vasque Breeze boots for $99. hey aren't the best boots, but there is absolutely nothing ad good for under $200 on the market.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

runnhunt

FNG
Keep an eye on camofire.com they have reduced prices on items. They rotate gear each day.
I second this. Camofire is an excellent site to get good discount gear. If that doesn't pan out, keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace. You can often find good quality used hunting boots there.

OP
H

HappyHuntr

Once upon a time a walked up and down the mountains of Afghanistan in all 4 seasons with weight on my back I wouldnā€™t dream of today. All in $100 combat boots and cotton socks and never once did I think twice about it.

You can get away with anything when youā€™re young.
Iā€™m probably going to getting RAT boots

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Don't overlook under armour. I have an almost 10 year old pair of speed freeks and they just keep going. I only use them for early season archery but they have held up surprisingly well and are the comfiest boots I own and I have a lot of boots. They aren't waterproof though but it's pretty dry here.

Youā€™ve got some time before season, I second the camofire website option. Picked up a few good deals on there, just double check because sometimes they make it seem like a better deal than it is. I also use Poshmark and pick up quite a bit of gear (camo, packs) on there that people barely used. Try and get a good deal on higher quality.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
As said earlier I also found high quality boots in great shape for my kids on eBay. REI also sells slightly used boots at good prices.

In that price rangeā€¦Military surplus OR a pair of leather boots from Georgia or Carolina boot companies on sale might be in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk